My baby bunny was born

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like the more I try to love her the more she pushes me away. I dont think she likes love. I think she likes to just be independent and alone, but that sucks for me.

Sorry so many posts...I keep thinking of stuff

[align=center]But here is pics of her since shes been home.........

l_a16e1e89a3424100878f9812d24d94b4.jpg
l_e96dad809e734a0cbc8f6ddd82b6c6d2.jpg

[/align]

She sounds like my dream bun Suki, She caused alot of doubts for me too, I was really close to giving her up to someone else, She has left scars on me but I worked with her and now she is A ball of loving fluff. I hope things work out with you and Maggie. Maybe she doesn't like the name Maggie :p

paul2641 wrote:
She sounds like my dream bun Suki, She caused alot of doubts for me too, I was really close to giving her up to someone else, She has left scars on me but I worked with her and now she is A ball of loving fluff. I hope things work out with you and Maggie. Maybe she doesn't like the name Maggie :p
How did you do it?

paul2641 wrote:
Wasn't Suki only mean though when she was pregnant or not long after having babies?

LionheadBB wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
How did you do it?
What I did was respect her, And sat outside her cage talked to her in a real soft voice and before touching her say "hi Suki, Want a rub?" And then I'd rub her, If I noticed she was off edge then I would just leave her alone, now she just loves giving bunny kisses!

irishbunny wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Wasn't Suki only mean though when she was pregnant or not long after having babies?
She was terribly vicious when we got her from the pet shop, But I had to get her because she was so cute!

Some rabbits hate being brushed and groomed. Because of her thick puffy coat I don't think it's a stretch to assume the breeder had to do a lot of brushing and may have been rough when doing it. Thus it would make her associate grooming time with pain and she would want to avoid it. She may have learned that nipping = getting what she wants. The breeder could very well be lying about never being nipped.

You've only had her for a short while, I know you want to bond with her but you will have plenty of time to do that. Let her settle in to her knew surroundings. Keep her in her pen for a day or two and work on bonding without physical contact. For example, talking soft and sweet. Offered healthy treats and getting her to eat from your hand. Pet her gently inside her pen.

Rabbit's generally don't nip without reason, it's her way of trying to communicate with you that she is uncomfortable about something.

Happi Bun wrote:
Some rabbits hate being brushed and groomed. Because of her thick puffy coat I don't think it's a stretch to assume the breeder had to do a lot of brushing and may have been rough when doing it. Thus it would make her associate grooming time with pain and she would want to avoid it. She may have learned that nipping = getting what she wants. The breeder could very well be lying about never being nipped.

You've only had her for a short while, I know you want to bond with her but you will have plenty of time to do that. Let her settle in to her knew surroundings. Keep her in her pen for a day or two and work on bonding without physical contact. For example, talking soft and sweet. Offered healthy treats and getting her to eat from your hand. Pet her gently inside her pen.

Rabbit's generally don't nip without reason, it's her way of trying to communicate with you that she is uncomfortable about something.

You make a lot of sense with all the information you gave me, but if they nip to show you they are uncomfortable with something than that must mean she is with everything because thats all she ever does it bite. I even put her in a pet bed with her blankie next to me on the couch today so she isnt always in her cage and I didnt even have to do anything before she just kept biting my legs. I try "ouch" "eeek" "no" and thumping but she just dont get it. Im clueless! :(

LionheadBB wrote:
Happi Bun wrote:

You make a lot of sense with all the information you gave me, but if they nip to show you they are uncomfortable with something than that must mean she is with everything because thats all she ever does it bite. I even put her in a pet bed with her blankie next to me on the couch today so she isnt always in her cage and I didnt even have to do anything before she just kept biting my legs. I try "ouch" "eeek" "no" and thumping but she just dont get it. Im clueless! :(
Don't give up hold in there! I'm not trying to scare you but maybe something is causing her discomfort e.g. Parasites(not sure can this cause moodyness in a rabbit?) or something else, Maybe visit the vet for a checkup who is that cute little bunny as your avatar?

paul2641 wrote:
LionheadBB wrote:
Happi Bun wrote:

Don't give up hold in there! I'm not trying to scare you but maybe something is causing her discomfort e.g. Parasites(not sure can this cause moodyness in a rabbit?) or something else, Maybe visit the vet for a checkup who is that cute little bunny as your avatar?

It was on a site like all cuteness or something. lol

Did her first binky today (or should I say 10):p. I blocked off the area around her hutch this time so she could freely come out of her hutch and feel more comfortable. She came up to me about 4 times and not one bite. I also was wiggling my fingers on the floor towards her telling her I was gonna get her. :biggrin2: Im not getting too excited already but I hope she keeps this up because it was so much more enjoyable for me this time. It was easier because she went back in her hutch and I didnt even have to put her in there to get bit. She was chewing a couple things she shouldnt have but I just clapped and said no at the same time. She ran from it but I think she might think its funny shes being bad because after she runs from my clap, she does a binky. Do you think Im confusing her? Other than that, I will do the same thing tomorrow just to keep building her trust and then pick her up again. Im feeling a little more confident now.:blushan:

OMG she is such a dote, I think you should get this moved to the bunnyblog section because this really has become a blog!

Latest posts

Back