My baby bunny was born

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
irishbunny wrote:
She's gorgeus! Such a pretty girl, are you going to show her?

How would I do that? When I go to the show to pick her up, would I just enter? Or do you have to have like a booth set up and enter ahead of time? How much do you think it costs?

LionheadBB wrote:
irishbunny wrote:

How would I do that? When I go to the show to pick her up, would I just enter? Or do you have to have like a booth set up and enter ahead of time? How much do you think it costs?
Tell the breeder to enter her with your rabbits. There will be a small fee (probably around $3.50 or $4. All you do is throw her up on the table, they judge her, and you're done!:pIf you ask, you can probably stick with the breeder for the day, she'll show you what to do.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
LionheadBB wrote:
irishbunny wrote:

Tell the breeder to enter her with your rabbits. There will be a small fee (probably around $3.50 or $4. All you do is throw her up on the table, they judge her, and you're done!:pIf you ask, you can probably stick with the breeder for the day, she'll show you what to do.

Ya but then would that mean the breeder would get credit for her and not me? What do you win in them shows? How long do you have to stay?

[align=center]:biggrin2:2 More Days:biggrin2:

:nerves1This wait is so painful:nasty:
[/align]

Well I went to the show to pick her up and let me start off by saying it was so nice and exciting. I didnt know a rabbit show would have sooooo many rabbits of different breeds. Right when I got her in the car, I put her soft blanket on me and set her in my lap. On the way home I started to talk to her, pet her, and brush her with a soft bunny brush I got to get her used to me. She seemed to warm up quickly since her ears werent back like she was scared and she was moving and looking around everywhere. Things were going well until she bit my arm TWICE.:shock: The 2 hour drive was over and I put her in her hutch with all her toys, hay, food, water, and bed. I put everything away from the trip and showered. I then was still so excited because I just got her that I sat her on my lap and brushed her again to try to bond with her and for her to get to know me and she bit me for the THIRD time. :nerves1 And all 3 were hard and I have little marks. Right after she did that I didnt know what to do and I felt so rejected and heartbroken that I just put her back in her cage and am now going to relax. Its just weird that I have had 5 rabbits before and not a one EVER bit me and the one I just got does. :cry2

I am a little frustrated and sad that she bit me over and over again, but Im trying to give her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she was just worked up from going breeder to breeder then to me and hours after hours of driving. I guess either thats what it is or she just doesnt like to be held on my lap and gave attention. I hope its just because she isnt used to me because if she just always does it anytime I hold or brush her, that will definitely withdrawl me from her. Then she would just sit in her cage all the time because I would be scared to get bit again.

What do you think and what should I do when she bites?

I forgot to add......

I emailed her breeder and told her how things were going and she said Maggie has never bit her or the breeder that brought her to the show. Now Im really thinking she doesnt like me. :sad:

I dont think Maggie doesn't like you at least I hope she doesn't. You have to remember that she has had a long day of traveling and maybe she just wanted to settle down when she finally was on solid ground. Hopefully in the morning she'll be feeling a bit better.

I am giving her a chance and Im not getting rid of her for it, I just need to know what to do. Yes I will get pics when I can:p

LionheadBB wrote:
I am giving her a chance and Im not getting rid of her for it, I just need to know what to do. Yes I will get pics when I can:p
You can't get rid of her no matter what, If you end up giving her up send her to me in Ireland.

So you held her in you lap the whole trip? Probably would have been better off putting her in a travel carrier or something. You really could have just overwhelmed her with the brushing and petting. She had also just been at the show, which can be very stressful on babies.

I hope things are going better now, but if not, I'd suggest letting her settle in a bit before you "bond" with her.

minirexmama wrote:
So you held her in you lap the whole trip? Probably would have been better off putting her in a travel carrier or something. You really could have just overwhelmed her with the brushing and petting. She had also just been at the show, which can be very stressful on babies.

I hope things are going better now, but if not, I'd suggest letting her settle in a bit before you "bond" with her.

Not the whole trip, just once in awhile to show her attention.

Has anyone at all ever got a bunny that bit all the time and then over time they stopped doing it? She isnt even letting me brush her on my lap anymore as she bites my legs. Everytime I reach in her cage to let her out to run she bites and then when she comes up to me when Im sitting she bites me. I have a hutch where the lid lifts so Im not reaching straight at her. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! Shes just so adorable but she is definitely not loving and that makes me feel very distant to her. Shes bitten me so much that I dont even look forward to taking her out of her cage anymore. I know its only been 4 days but I still believe no matter how long I have her I know she will always bite. Im so confused right now. :cry2

I still dont understand why she never bit the breeders? The only thing I can think of is because they didnt show her attention like me. They just got her out to take pictures and thats it. But I dont want to do that as the whole reason I got her is for a pet

Latest posts

Back