My Aunt (pray for her)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetPeasMommie

Reaction score
To read up more about my aunt go to this thread My Aunt's Story

I found more information about her last night through my dad.

My hubby got a call from my dad at work last night. They were over my Aunts house and while there my aunts doctor called and told her that there was no use in getting the chemo treatments as the cancer is too far spread. He proceeded to tell her that he didn't know what else to say and then hung up on her. You guys like this doctor already? He proceeded to call back about 15 minutes later and told her they were going to try and inject a new uber powerful chemo that is new on the market right into the tumors. He said there is nothing that they can do but try to slow it down. Even if the chemo works, it will only give her at the most about a year or two. My aunt said that she cant even touch the side of her head because where the cancer is is causing excruciating pain. At this point, it is either try and make her comfortable or extend her life.

Please keep her in your prayers. I think she is going for this chemo that they will try for her 3 boys. I do not know how she can deal with that pain in her head, having cancer in your head can cause seizures and all too. If it was me I would say screw it and just sedate me when time comes. I would rather go on home and be better again. All I know is that when she passes on she will be reunited with my sister and her dad. All three are very close.

ON top of that my other cousin who is the same age as my sister and aunt has been very sick. He has very bad diabetes. But he is ok just really sick. My mom is really really devastated right now.

I know what she is going through with a sister who is sick, my mom knows what her mother is going through because of my sister as well. So the 4 of us will be together through this as well as the rest of my mom's siblings. Mind you my mom has 3 sisters and 3 brothers and they all are very very very close.

Isn't great when you have a family that supports one another? Even in all of the tragedy that you have experienced, you are also blessed. We'll keep all of you in our prayers for healing, freedom from pain, and for the blessing of time together.

I'm so glad you have family that can pull together during this time and I'm definetly thinking of you and yours. Wishing you the best and of course here for you to talk it out.

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt and I really hope that this new treatment helps, even if this means a life prolongation and as long as she has also quality of life. Family is everything in the good and -especially- in the bad...

Marietta

I'm praying for your family.

On another note, make sure you and your mom get your regular checkups. Cancer can be hereditary.

Thanks guys.

BoB, I will be getting stuff like that done as soon as I get insurance. I can't do it unless I have insurance. I promise everyone one thing, as soon as I get medical insurance I will go to the doctors for test and all. Also I need another jaw surgery.

My hubby needs to do the same cause his grandfather and mother both passed away from cancer.

Cancer was rare in my family. My sister was the first one to have cancer at 18 yrs old, the several yrs later my aunt finds out. So I don't know there. Everyone tried tracing back our linage to see who else had cancer and they could not find any. Heart was the big one in my family. My grandfather, his brothers/sisters, his parents both died from heart condition. My mom has heart disease and heart murmur. My mom goes to the doctors quite often cause she has other medical problems such as Epstine Bar Virus, Heart problems, IBS, low blood sugar and few other things at age of 57. Hard to believe on that though. Also bone condition runs in my family too.

Latest posts

Back