My Arm is a Victim!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jambi

Reaction score
Help!
Watson is nearly 2 now. Our first everimage.jpg
He’s always preferred me (dad) in all ways but lately his mounting, of my left arm only, is getting aggressive. He used to try and I would fend him off. He’d get upset and spray a stinky, whitish fluid and then go to licking it up.(From what I understand, that is a calcium issue?!?)

Lately? He’s getting much more into it and not taking NO for an answer. Biting (not like when we groom each other) and just plain raping me. Yeah, that’s correct. He is making me, or has made me, his b$tch!
Other than neutering him, is there anything we can do to help curb this behavior?
Should i just let him 'finish'? Am I doing the right thing by not letting him?
I love my bun-bun but am married...

Bucks are driven by their hormones, some much more than others. Really the only solution is neutering. It will help curb the humping, spraying, and sexual frustration. Be aware that the longer it goes on, the more ingrained of a habit it can become, so that even with neutering some issues could remain, particularly the spraying.

If you're considering neutering at all, the sooner the better. if you don't already have a knowledgeable rabbit vet that you go to, you'll want to make sure to go to one with a good amount of experience to help minimize the risks of surgery. When it comes to rabbits, just because a vet says they can neuter rabbits, doesn't mean they're an experienced rabbit vet. One red flag would be a vet office that says to fast a rabbit prior to surgery. Rabbits should never be fasted, they can't vomit and fasting them can be dangerous to their health. If the receptionist says this, then have her check with the vet directly. If the actual vet is saying this, FIND A DIFFERENT VET. This list has some listings for rabbit vets, some better than others.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Spaying_and_neutering_rabbits

Latest posts

Back