My 6 month is on baby pellets, what do I do from here?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MybunnyMilo

Reaction score
So my 6 month old male, Milo, is on the pellets attached below, I’m introducing him to greens right now. When do I start giving him adult pellets? And what do you all recommend for adult pellets? We accidentally bought WAYY to much of these baby pellets. I don’t really know what to do with the rest lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4909.jpeg
    IMG_4909.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 0
If you have any of the old pellets leftover, they could be used as a treat, just a very small amount each day, provided it doesn't cause excess weight gain or bladder calcium issues. It would be part of the daily limited pellet ration.

If you're currently making other diet changes with your bun right now, you may want to hold off on doing more than one change at a time. This makes it easier to know if a certain food causes any digestive issues. If you're making several diet changes and your rabbit comes down with mushy cecals or digestive upset, it can be hard to know which new food is causing the upset.

If you have any of the old pellets leftover, they could be used as a treat, just a very small amount each day, provided it doesn't cause excess weight gain or bladder calcium issues. It would be part of the daily limited pellet ration.

If you're currently making other diet changes with your bun right now, you may want to hold off on doing more than one change at a time. This makes it easier to know if a certain food causes any digestive issues. If you're making several diet changes and your rabbit comes down with mushy cecals or digestive upset, it can be hard to know which new food is causing the upset.
Alright. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back