My 1 1/2 month old bunny fell

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAlexisD

Reaction score
My bunny along with his brother are very active and jumped up behind the television set. I walked over to get my bunny out from back there and as I was walking him back towards the couch he jumped out of my arms (I’m 5’6) he landed, stood there for a while, looked extremely confused (moving head all around) then made one small sound that I can’t really describe or find anywhere online & never made it again. Then he hopped slowly to the cage and just tucked away with his eyes squinted. I read to give him some space. I noticed he is eating, drinking, running around again. I’m just worried can he have some type of injury? I don’t know if I’m paranoid but he seemed a bit distance / less active from the moment it happened until the next day he started to act somewhat himself again. He is running around and hopping again. I just need advice.

Please monitor him. An xray to rule out fracture (fx) would be advised if he is hiding, and shows signs of pain. Rabbits typically do hide pain, but their eyes can tell you a lot. An xray would be peace of mind or an experienced DVM can palpate and detect injury based on your bun's reaction.

Sidenote: our 11+ y.o. girl mysteriously fx'd her femur in Jan. 2019 and healed well being in strict isolation and in a small dog crate on soft bedding for 2 months. With pain meds, and padded towels to allow a callous to form on the fx. One DVM wanted to do surgery on her fx'd femur. I consulted with others and took the less invasive route.

I'm glad he's moving about, -- eating, and making marbles (hopefully). Kindly keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back