Musings of a Bunny-Mama

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So today's update... is unfortunately not such good news. Bouquet is sitting pretty hunched up and doesn't seem to budge much. I think she's pooping, eating, etc. - but it's kinda hard to be certain as there's three of them. She did accept some of her favourite treat and this morning she raced to the food bowl to get the pellets pretty much as normal. But she's not even attempting to run away as I pick her up (which I did to see if I could quickly check for anything wrong. I didn't hear any tooth-grinding (I did take a look at her teeth and they seem fine) but then again, I wasn't exactly listening out for it.

What should I do?

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS BLOG INTO A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS. PLEASE SEE THE SEPARATE THREAD I MADE HERE.

All's well that ends well, and Bouquet is all but back to her normal self! My brother says Begonia was binkying in the run - but I missed it. Thanks very much, homework! 😭 Anyways - I'm glad to know she's happy!

Oh, and apparently my willow-wreath-making skills are approved of. Honestly, these wreaths I make (and then dry) disappear in seconds, which I have to say is funny. They will stick their heads through the hole and then appear most surprised when this great clunky wreath is hanging from their neck. They figured out pretty quick that if they run off when it's around their neck, they get their pick of the crunchiest leaves until the others work out where the willow went!

It's been a week - and so much has happened, almost none of it good, unfortunately. Bouquet deteriorated again, so I contacted the vet again, who recommended I take her in for a consultation. So I rang Vets4Pets, who said they were booked up until Monday. Unfortunately, yesterday afternoon, I found her lying dead. This feels pretty awful, I'm not going to lie. And the worst of it is that I feel guilty - perhaps there was a sign that if I'd noticed a day before, I could have saved her. Or perhaps if I had rung a different vet in the first place, they'd have been spare. But I know that the guilt won't bring her back, much as I want her back. I can't really change what's happened, but I know I really need to learn from it. I searched online again for vets in my area and finally came upon Rase Veterinary Centre - and the one nearest me I looked at reviews. The worst I could find was an extremely positive 4-star, so evidently they're good. I took Blossom and Begonia there this evening and the vet I saw (from the car park, that is ;) ) seemed very knowledgeable. Anyways, he says they're both healthy and doing well

So... I'm going to go and see them both now. Goodbye for now.

Thank you. I take comfort in the fact that the other two are happy and the vet seems pleased with them. That's the main thing now; I can't bring my little Bouquet back... but she does live on in her little babies who really aren't babies but I call them so anyway.

Today, I promised Begonia and Blossom that they could come outdoors. They did. Four times (only for a short while each time, because they got pretty tired of zooming and binkying -whoops, did I just spoil what's ahead?).

And. They. Loved. It. SO. Much. Honestly, the binkies were so beautiful. Particularly Blossom, she was zooming around, binkying every few seconds - she barely stopped to eat the clover!

This was really sweet. They proved there's nothing wrong with them, at least. I'm trying hard to move on from Bouquet. Perhaps, one day, another bun will have her namesake. Until then - we'll see.

Aw i'm so sorry for the loss! At least you have the other two to keep you company! Glad that they're doing well!

My busy bunnies have just headed back to the playhouse after racing around the garden for a full half hour. Normally, after time in the garden, I find them flopped asleep! So they obviously use up plenty of energy, which is great. They still don't approve of the chickens, though... so whenever a chicken flaps or squawks, both Blossom and Begonia high-tail it back indoors!

Begonia and Blossom are becoming very routine-orientated, that's for sure! It's hilarious when I come out the back door, at sometime between 6:30 AM and 6:45 AM, they're both in the run watching me let the chickens out. Then by the time I get to them at just before 7, they're both charging around inside - I can barely get in the door without them barrelling into me! Sweeping the floor is a massive task, too, when two bunnies are sniffing every poop I sweep and every bit of hay - or even just hopping over and under the broom. Anyhow, today I asked my brother to run his hands through their feed and hold it out, hoping they'd smell it and be racing around him, not me, so I could get the sweeping done - and they shoved little noses into his hand and were licking it! Honestly, they brighten up everything!🥰

Latest posts

Back