Mushrooms growing in a rabbit run

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
We have a nice side yard that we made into a large rabbit run.The floor is wire with dirt over top so that they can't get out. Mushrooms have come up and I can't get rid of them. Any suggestions? I checked at the nursery and was told you can't. Can this be true?

Are the mushrooms growing all over? Can you block off the area where the mushrooms are if they are just growing in one place?

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Are they a toxic spcies? If not you can leave them. If they are, you could seek an eco-friendly herbicide. But blocking is better either way.

They are all over. I'm not sure if they are toxic or not. I think I probably should take a sample to the nursery and ask them what kind they are.

I would do that....take a sample to the nursery. You could find out if they are poisonous to the rabbits that way.

That makes me ask a question....are all mushrooms poisonous to bunnies :dunno?

You never know, your buns may not even touch them.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

try putting something under the dirt, like we used to put down plastic then dirt on top in our garden to help with weeds. I'm figuring you could find something more rabbit friendly like board then u might not get that problem.

Latest posts

Back