Muppet has lost interest in her litter box...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So as the title says our Miss Muppet has stopped using the litter box and has taken to pooping everywhere and peeing in all corners.
By some miracle it has not started a poop war and Fraggles is still using her potty. But Muppet is making a huge mess...

Jason says its her braille!!
I have tried putting all the poops in the box but nothing is working...
HELP!

I'm assuming you didn't change anything, right?
How does her urine look? It could be a sign of bladder sludge or an infection if she's looking for somewhere to pee that hurts less.
Health issues ruled out, try putting a box in every corner?

I agree that she needs to go to the vet. As stated above, it could be bladder sludge, a urinary tract infection, a bladder stone, or something else. My French Lop, Honey, lost her litter box skills when she developed an ear infection. We got the ear infection tended to, but her litter box skills did not completely return. So, when I'd see her in the litter box, I would give her a treat while she was in the box. After a few days of this, I walked into her room to put something up. She bounded across the pen, jumped into her litter box and turned toward me with an air of expectation. After I stopped laughing, I gave her a treat and a few extra pellets as well. Her litter box habit has returned to normal.

Agreed with health concerns. Another thing is to make sure you clean the urine spots with vinegar/water solution so they can't smell it.

I would take Muppet to the vet to be on the safe side, just to rule things out. If she is still not using the litter box like she is supposed to, then I would put more litter boxes out for her. Also you could see where she goes the most, maybe she picked a new spot. Everytime I change where Sweetie's cage is, I have to change where the litter box is in the cage. But first, vet visit to rule things out. Hopefully she doesn't have anything wrong with her.

Latest posts

Back