Mum possibly pregnant ! Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samgabby

Reaction score
So when we found out mum was pregnant with first litter. Mum and dad were separated instantly. A week later she had the litter. The babies are now 10 weeks old. We noticed mum made a nest two days ago. Which we thought was a phantom, as it would be impossible for her to pregnant as we followed all advice. Dad had his balls done, and we kept them apart for the 6 weeks as advised by the vet (plus another week to be safe). However today I saw things moving in her tummy and I felt something move. We kept babies as advised everywhere with mum till just before 8 weeks as she stopped wanting to feed them. They were then separated and mum was back with dad. Can some explain how this is possible ? I’m a bit stressed

If you are absolutly sure it happend that way - relax. Quite likely you felt bowel movements.

If your boy got snipped more than 6 weeks ago, no way she could be pregnant from him. You did everything right. Also, you seperated the kits in time, no problem there either.

It doesn't hurt to give a nestbox and lots of hay though, just in case.
You know, most common denominator in storys with rabbits" breeding through wire" are kids in a curious age ;)

Last edited:
I agree that it isn't very likely, but to provide her with a nest box and nesting material just in case. If by chance she actually is pregnant, though unlikely as it seems, there could be a few unusual ways it possibly could have happened.

Thanks for your comments so far. It’s just we have watched something move around her belly and she has got fatter. We just put it down to her finally putting a bit of weight on! We have 10 rabbits. That is enough haha ! We have got a nest box ready in case however

Latest posts

Back