Mulyi tier cat cage for bunnys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnymomRere

Reaction score
Anybody use a multilevel cat cage for bunnys? Sometimes I'm gone longer than normal and one bun has to be locked in cage, she is trouble and can't free roam. I don't have floor space but I can go higher. Thought about a cat cage but the bunny is a little crazy and o dont want her to fall off the shelves. :cool::confused:

Multi-level cat cages seem to prioritize height over surface area -- rabbits need floor area to exercise, so the small platforms in cat climbing structures/habitats are not appropriate. If you have the space to consider a larger multi-level cat condo, I would consider getting a good x-pen for the rabbit or building a more rabbit-appropriate multi-level enclosure. Some considerations for building a multi-level rabbit cage using grids can be found in this topic: Need Help Deciding On Which NIC Cube Set To Get - Zip Ties Etc.

Thanks. I already have grids protecting my walls and I could build with them. But Luke I said floor space is minimal and this would be for just the time while she is in her cage and can't roam

If floor space is super minimal, adding vertical height may not be very useful since the size of the higher levels which require space to jump up and down from (shrinking the amount of space the levels can be inherently) might not serve as anything other than a random platform for your rabbit to perch on and not be even large enough to actually move freely. An idea of the dimensions would be helpful to provide more pointed suggestions, but in general, rabbit lifestyle, movement, and care are all maximized by the most horizontal space possible; not vertical.

When we first brought our buns home we also had very minimal space. I purchased a two story small hutch so they could have more space and be able to move around more while I was at work. They loved it! They would go up and done the two levels. They got more exercise when I let them out after work . You can find cages with ramps or you can modify your own. You tube and pintrest have lots of ideas!

Latest posts

Back