Multiple questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaitlinT00

Reaction score
1- Bella has been losing a lot of fur lately, to the point that shes got bald, reddish/pink spots along her back (i think theyre uncomfortable too because she doesnt want to be pet on her back anymore). I went to the vet and he gave her some mite medicine, and we're expected back in 2 weeks to do a follow up and if there are no changes, we have to do a skin secretion (and i don't think its mites, she hasnt shown any symptoms of them at all and i havent been able to see any in her fur, but i think hes just trying to rule it out). If its not mites, does anyone have any idea what it could be?
2- Another issue that Bella has been experiencing is dribbling little orange urine spots on my carpet in one area in my room- it usually happens when im asleep too so i haven't been able to see her actually do it and find out why. Its been happening more frequently, but her urine in the litterbox has been normal, she doesnt seem like shes in any pain, so im think shes just found a place she likes to urinate other than her litterboxes or its a territorial thing. Any ideas on what i can do to stop this or to look into it further?
Other than the above issues, Bella has also got eye infections in both her eyes- but other than that, she eats, drinks, sleeps/naps, and plays as normal as ever.

1. It is likely to be mites. I’d follow the vets instructions and if it hasn’t worked by the end of that period, I’d make a new thread

2. Rabbit urine can be in various colours. It’s usually to do with diet or dehydration. What are you deeding and how much water does she drink?

What eye infection does she have and has a vet checked it out?

1. Just like Apollo's Slave said, I would listen to the vet. Some other things it could be are Chronic Wetness or Ringworm. Here is a link on those: Skin Diseases in Rabbits.

2. Her leaving drops could be Chronic Wetness. If you read that link^ it will explain. Orange is a normal color because of a rabbits diet. Just make sure there is no blood in it.

1. It is likely to be mites. I’d follow the vets instructions and if it hasn’t worked by the end of that period, I’d make a new thread

2. Rabbit urine can be in various colours. It’s usually to do with diet or dehydration. What are you deeding and how much water does she drink?

What eye infection does she have and has a vet checked it out?
So she has conjunctivitis and yes, the vet gave us some eye drops.
Right now, I feed her 1/8 cup of pellets, a mix of bok choy, romaine lettuce, rapini and usually a herb (thyme and bay leaves at the moment), and of course she has unlimited hay. Lately, she has been getting a small piece of fruit a day as well. As for drinking, i fill her bowl up in the morning and before bed- its usually almost empty when i refill it in the morning (she drinks a lot at night) and she drinks about half the bowl throughout the day.

Latest posts

Back