Muggs Portrait.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandhills_rabbits

Reaction score
Just finished the portrait of Muggs, sfritzp's beloved bunny that has passed on to the other side of the rainbow bridge.

(I have to apologize about the quality of the scanned images lately....for some reason my scanner which is pretty new has been on the blink.The resolution quality just isnt the best)

84946569.jpg

I think that this has to be one of my personal faves so far, just because of all the flowers, the pose, and the colors....

sfritzp, If you could p.m. me with your address, I'll get a print sent out along with all the others i'm sending out.

ooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of watercolors and brushes do you use?? i want to pick some up, yours blend sonice and mine look like poopie on paper!i always end upwashing the canvas off

Gorgeous! Absolutely Gorgeous!

I recieved Fauna's picture today. Haven't opened it upyet. Was going to wait for Valentine's Day, but I think I'llopen it as soon as I get home. I have to get it to theframers right away.

You're incredible, Sandhills. There are no words that can properly describe how beautiful your works are.

*Standing Ovation*

-Carolyn

I LuV MaH BuNs wrote:
ooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of water colors and brushesdo you use?? i want to pick some up, yours blend so nice and mine looklike poopie on paper! i always end up washing the canvas off

Well, truthfully I just use what my mom bought me for Christmas and mybirthday. My mom and dad have indulged and spoiled me, by given me artsupplies for every special occassion......

The brushes my mom bought me are: Royal Langnickel, value pack 1

and the watercolor paints are: Loew Cornell Watercolor Paints, # 600-18

The colored pencils are I use are probably the biggest splurge. My momgot them for my birthday, and they are the Prismacolor (I think it's byBarol) 120 pencil set.... they are the best colored pencils there is,imho, and the retail for about $150.00.

Carolyn wrote:
Gorgeous! Absolutely Gorgeous!

I recieved Fauna's picture today. Haven't opened it up yet. Was goingto wait for Valentine's Day, but I think I'll open it as soon as I gethome. I have to get it to the framers right away.

You're incredible, Sandhills. There are no words that can properly describe how beautiful your works are.

*Standing Ovation*

-Carolyn

Yay! I'm so glad the picture found it's way to you okay....
All the pictures I've been painting are just printed off in standard8.5 x 11 size..... I was going to do 11 x 14's, but thought that mightbe trickier to mail. I could use those poster tubes for the largersizes, but didnt want people to get curled-up pictures in the mail.

You know.... the image resolution of thepainting's scan is really bugging me! I'm going to try and rescan it,and see if i can get a better view of the painting...... Thefuzz-factor of the image is just driving me batty!!!

Otherwise I might have to invest in a new scanner!

$150.00 for colored pencils? Whoa. Well, i canfind water color pencils for about $20 but $150.00 is a little over mybudget haha. Ill just use the Prismacolors at school and buy somecrayola water color pencils for home

I know people keep saying how fast i'm gettingthese portraits done, but to me it's not that fast at all. When I sitdown (actually I paint them standing up) and get to painting, I cantstop until I'm finished..... It's either some horrible curse or somefreakish gift. At least I can safely say that if someone had me atgunpoint and said I had to paint them 'x' amount of paintings beforethey'd let me go, I wouldnt have a problem doing it!

This is a gorgeous painting.

You should do something with the work besides your portfolio.I think it would be very cool if somehow you could use them to make acalendar next year or something that would benefit animalrescues.

We are all very lucky to have you here and willing to do these of our bunnies :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
This is a gorgeous painting.

You should do something with the work besides your portfolio.I think it would be very cool if somehow you could use them to make acalendar next year or something that would benefit animalrescues.

We are all very lucky to have you here and willing to do these of our bunnies :)
I love that idea Bo B Bunny! ;)

Another fabulous painting. Curse or gift? You can ask that seriously? You have a GIFT:D!!

I adore every picture you've done so far and I'm still amazed at the speed whatever you say :).

Kate

Latest posts

Back