Mucus

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
I picked up bun buns and some mucus and brownish yellow stuff came from her bum. This has happened once before. But has gone away on its own. I came home from school and all her pellets were eaten and practically non of the hay was eaten. Im really worried, has this happened to anyone else? Please tell me what to do.Something i can do at home, since i cant drive to the vet.

EDIT: she has been introduced to carrots. She got one on sunday, monday and today. Nothing has happened on sunday or monday but 1 hour after i gave her some carrots she had the mucus stuff.

Wont your parents or someone take you?

If its an infection theres really not much you can do without an antibiotic. Are her poops normal? Is she eating and drinking still?

Mucous means that there is some sort of intestinal disturbance or irritation, which can be very serious in young rabbits like yours. Some rabbits get this more often-dwarf hotots, english spots, and some red-eyed white rabbits- but even then it's a sign to be more careful.

Baby rabbits sometimes get an intestinal infection called mucoid enteritis. The main symptoms are mucous and diarrhea. This is a very serious disease and can't be treated without antibiotics from a vet.

Stop feeding all veggies in case they are the causeand make sure she's eating lots of hay and drinking water. Clean the cage more often so you can be sure she's pooping and peeing normally. If there's any sign of diarrhea, or if she stops eating, drinking, or going to the bathroom, get her to a vet ASAP. If she seems worn down or unusually tired, also get her to the vet ASAP.

Latest posts

Back