Mucus in poop?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaleehill

Reaction score
Hi! I look through my buns poop every night, and noticed some wetness on two pieces tonight, and i think it may have been mucus? He is eating and drinking still though, could this just be a passing thing from a new treat he had and i just make sure it doesn’t get worse or should I make a vet visit?
In one picture it will be in the almost center, on one single piece, and the other it will be under the poop. I didnt get a picture because my phone had died ( he lives outdoors, i know some are against this but he actually hates when he comes inside and just wants to be out) though on one piece of the paper shaving it was like a wet consistency on it, but i don’t believe it was pee, that’s what was under the poop in that other photo.
am i just over reacting???

Attachments

• 37BBF31D-0A1A-47FF-9741-541E5FFE874D.jpeg
    37BBF31D-0A1A-47FF-9741-541E5FFE874D.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 5
  • FD887BC7-642C-4350-9D2D-1D35372C22F1.jpeg
    FD887BC7-642C-4350-9D2D-1D35372C22F1.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 5
A new food could cause some minor irritation in the digestive tract, causing the formation of a little mucous. As long as the poop has gone back to normal and that food isn't fed again, it shouldn't be a problem. If the mucous continues and/or things worsen, then yes, get your rabbit seen by an experienced rabbit vet, as your rabbit could have developed a more serious digestive issue called mucoid enteritis.

Medirabbit (mucoid enteritis in rabbits)

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back