Mr. Timothy HoppyToes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
It is with a very heavy heart that I have to report that Timmy passed away in my arms this morning at about 4:10 am. After he didn't eat his breakfast I was treating him with our usual regimen of pain meds, simethicone and critical care. When I went to bed around 1 am he was quiet but still alert and responsive. I planned to take him into the vet if he wasn't eating by the morning. I awoke to sounds of him struggling at about 4:05 am. I jumped out of bed and held him as he took his last breaths.
As a vet student this was especially challenging for me because in those last moments, even with all the new skills I'm gaining, there was nothing that I could do but hold him and let him know he was so, so loved. I brought him into our campus Banfield clinic for cremation. I considered a necropsy but decided against it since my other vet student roommates and I all felt that he could wait until the morning before I brought him in and I know that if I did a necropsy and learned it was something that could have been fixed had I brought him in that night instead, I could never forgive myself.
I was so lucky to get to spend these last 6 years with him and working through various issues with both him and Fiona really did inspire me and push me forth on my veterinary career path. I am also incredibly lucky to be surrounded by so many students and faculty that recognize just how strong the human-animal bond is and just how difficult times like these are.

Here is one of my first pictures of Timmy after we brought him home from the shelter.
IMG_0182c.jpg

And here he is celebrating his 6th gotcha day with me on October 1 of this year.
IMG_5864.jpg

Sadly Fiona is also a bridge bunny. Hopefully these two are now reunited (and perhaps have finally worked through their difficulties so they can do things like this again).

CIMG0116.jpg

So sorry Christina, but the chances were slim to none you could have done something. All of my terminal bunnies died the same way, it always turned out to be cancer or organ failure they hid so very well. :( He was of that age.

He was a forum institution and he will be missed.

So sorry for your loss. I hope you end up with another furry little distraction soon. Everyone reacts differently, but it's always been a comfort to me.

:rip: Mr. Timothy HoppyToes. You had an awesome life. Sorry you couldn't live forever.

sas :sad:

Such a beautiful and distinguished rabbit! I fell in love with his pictures here on RO and I am so sorry for your loss. He had a wonderful life with you and you did everything you could for him. I can see the love in his eyes. They always leave us too soon. I'm glad you are surrounded by people who understand.

Binkie Free, Sweet Timmy
:rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris:

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry. I saw his name and thought, noooooo not Timmy! I really enjoyed reading about his gotcha day celebration. I'm so sorry :( maybe you can find some peace that he was with you at the end. Binky free Timmy!

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Oh no Christina! He was one of the forum's special bunnies...My heart sank when I saw his name.... Binky free Timmy and give Fiona lots of kisses for us at the bridge...

:rip: :pink iris: :hug:

Same thing here-just what I was thinking. I know Timmy will be very missed. Binky free at the bridge lil' dude!:rainbow:

Christina, I so sorry to hear Timmy has gone to the Rainbow Bridge:rainbow: . I loved his Gotcha Day picture.

I bet Fiona met him at the Rainbow Bridge gates and the Binkied :headflick: off together.

Big Hugs :hug2: for you

Susan :bunnyangel2:

:rip::sad: Just logged on for a minute and went to "Wendell" and just could not believe it. Timmy looked so much like our Commander Bun-Bun and she was with us only six years too, not nearly enough. Rest in peace little man and Binky with our Bun-Bun.

Christina, I'm so, so sorry :( Timmy was such a special bunny! You joined the forum just before I did and Timmy has always been here, he's probably the bunny I've "known" the longest here. He was a very special and extra cute boy. I'm glad he had 6 wonderful years with you, but wish he'd had more :(

Latest posts

Back