Moving with Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
Recently (yesterday on my birthday) I found out my parents are getting ready to move. Now Hermione free roams my room but Skylar is still in a playpen because of litter training. I do not know when we will move but I know it’s in the next couple months because its a good time to move and I know that it could be just the next couple months and my parents are preparing our house to be sold. I haven’t moved since I was 4 and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to move with bunnies so it will be less stressful on me and them. Thank you!

Happy late birthday! I've never moved with rabbits (or moved in general), but these are some tips people I know who have moved with bunnies have told me.
Keep Them in Their Pen- Don't let them explore the new house for a day or two so you can monitor them if they stop eating and the can settle in.
Only Put Hay in Their Carrier and New Place- Only putting hay in reduces the risk of G.I. stasis in the new place. If you give them sugary treats/pellets and they eat it, it could cause G.I. stasis.
Keep the Move as Quiet as Possible- This just reduces stress.

Recently (yesterday on my birthday) I found out my parents are getting ready to move. Now Hermione free roams my room but Skylar is still in a playpen because of litter training. I do not know when we will move but I know it’s in the next couple months because its a good time to move and I know that it could be just the next couple months and my parents are preparing our house to be sold. I haven’t moved since I was 4 and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to move with bunnies so it will be less stressful on me and them. Thank you!
When you know the date I would limit their space gradually to one large cage for a few weeks before moving, I would cover it with blankets or something you can use same way after moving. Maybe attach playpen with a rug that you will take with you and will use for their playpen. Then when you are in your new house (your room where they will live with you) I would keep them in the same cage with the same blankets covering it so there's no changes for them in their little cave. After a week or so when you put your stuff in places and hide your cables rabbit proof your room you can start letting them out, attaching a playpen to the cage and you can also use those blankets they know as their comforting blankets. Increase their territory gradually same way as you would do when you bring your new rabbit home, only difference that you are not new person for them so it should be a bit easier.

Latest posts

Back