Moving my Critters....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Happy Hopper
Reaction score
hey guys..
i have 2 dwarf lops.. they have a single hutch and a small run.
they have been living inside since i have had them. approx 7 months.
but im moving house in the next few weeks and there is no room for them inside the new house.
i have a nice large shed in the new garden where i intend to put the new 2 tier hutch.

my problem is, with the weather being so bad over the past few months, will they be ok with the change??
i know the weather is on the up and they are going in the shed and not exactly outside.
but i do feel bad on my poor spoilt little buns...

can anyone advise on this matter?

Do your rabbits spend any time outside in a run? If it's cold at the moment, you will want to start working on the transition now, start putting them outside during the day for short periods of time and slowly extend it. When you do move them into the shed, you will want to provide extra bedding etc that they can snuggle up in for warmth. The only other issue you may have is in summer, the shed will likely get quite hot inside in the sun. I would never keep a rabbit in a shed here over summer unless it was air conditioned.

First of all, thanks both for the reponse.
Secondly.. Kelton, i love your avatar! So fuzzy!

no they have never been outside yet, i dont have the nicest of back yards for them to run around in at the moment so they are indoor buns for now.
i get the keys this weekend so the critters will be the first thing i move so i can work on the transition as you said! Oh i do spoil them i do!
:)

Latest posts

Back