Moving Internationally with my Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chachacutie

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 1 year old Netherland lop rabbit named ChaCha. I currently live in Japan where I have been living for the past 4 years. In an unexpected turn of events I will be moving back to my home country, the United States at the end of this year. Chacha has become my life this past year and I desperately want to take her with me. However I face a big predicament in bringing her home. First of all it would be about 1 whole day of traveling as I live on the east coast. So if its two flights its a total flight time of about 15 hours with maybe a 3 hour layover in-between. I worry about how safe it would be. Secondly I'm not sure what airlines would allow me to take my rabbit in the cabin for a long international flight, I heard Delta is good? Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

I love the name ChaCha :D!
To clarify, it is a ___h flight, then 3 hr break, and then another ___h flight, where the flights total to 15h?

According to HRS' website, Delta allows rabbits in checked baggage/cargo area, which is not recommended: Airlines that Allow Rabbits | House Rabbit Society

It seems like there's mix messaging online (from what I can see), so I think your best bet is contacting the flights available to you within your price and timeline. I would highly recommend getting some sort of documentation/proof that you received permission as well-- there are stories of miscommunications when owners bring their pets onboard since flight attendants may not be privy to all flight permissions.

You should also check if there are any concerns about you bringing your rabbit into the US.

Agree with the above.
I've seen several fly with rabbits in the cabin with them. Start calling around
I have also seen airlines refuse rabbit at the gate and people having to surrender them to local rescues

Latest posts

Back