Moving in together (bonding question)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aina

Reaction score
Hey. I am wondering if I can move Ronnie and Skye in together or if it too soon. Yesterday they spent a lot of time together. I put them back together today and they are grooming and loving on eachother. They have never fought. Skye and Ronnie have known eachother since a few weeks after Skye was brought home, although it was through bars. It has only a little less than two weeks since they have met without a cage, but they have gotten along well, and reading some bonding sites it seems to be 'love at first sight' for them. When they are in diferent cages they are always next to each other it seems, so I think they want to be together.

I was going to wait a bit longer, as Ronnie hasn't been nutered very long, but I have to move their cages so it would be easier if I could just move them into one cage.

Well, to me it seems like there wouldn't be any problem with that, as long as they get along very well (And from what you said, it seems like they are!).
I'd just keep a close eye on them the first week or so, to see how things go. :)

When was Ronnie neutered? Skye is spayed, right? If she is, then I don't see why not. If she hasn't been spayed, you'll need to wait until it has been about a month after Ronnie's neuter, as he can still impregnate Skye.

Thanks for the quick replies :)
Ronnie was nutered June 7th, so thursday it will be four weeks. Skye is spayed.

Move them in and plan to spend the day watching them, and try to sleep close to them during the nighttime. Once they've spend 24 hours together peacefully, you can relax :).

Doesn't sound like you'll have a problem though!

Latest posts

Back