Moving Home Tips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys

We’re moving to a bigger apartment in a couple of weeks. I adopted my bunnies at the end of June, so this will be their second big upheaval for them within months. They seemed to deal with their move to me very comfortably, but this will be a bigger task, with removal people, furniture moving, noise etc.

Where I am moving to is literally in the tower next door and there is a possibility I will get the keys a few days before the actual move date. Do you think it would be beneficial for the bunnies if I take them to the apartment a couple of times beforehand, so they can investigate and mark the rooms with their scent so it’s more familiar to them on the day? Or would that not make too much difference and the stress of being carried to and from buildings not be worth it and I’m better just waiting?

I think it would be a great idea to take them beforehand and let them look around! I don't think they will be stressed moving back and forth.

I wouldn't move them to and fro since I think that is unnecessary stress, but transport their whole setup and them in one go and keep them in a carrier until their homebase is set up. What does that look like, or are they free roam?

I wouldn't move them to and fro since I think that is unnecessary stress, but transport their whole setup and them in one go and keep them in a carrier until their homebase is set up. What does that look like, or are they free roam?
They are totally free roam, but will have their own area in the spare room too. I’ll get that all set up before I move them over so they have all their familiar stuff ready

I think it would be a great idea to take them beforehand and let them look around! I don't think they will be stressed moving back and forth.
Thank you. There’s no car journey involved (it is literally the next building) and I did think it might be nice for them to have a bit of a mooch and a sniff around

I wouldn't move them around either. You did say you will be taking their previous items and setting up prior to placing them in the new living space, so they should be able to settle right in. I personally think moving them back and forth is confusing and adds stress. But up to you and all the best with the move 👍

We recently did a big move and set our bund up in one room s couple days early and nothing went in or out of that room other than us. Provide lots of hiding houses Im sure they will do great. I think it’s a good idea to take them early but I wouldn’t move them back and forth.

Thank you for the advice everyone. I think I’ll move them over super early on the day so they’ll have a few hours to get used to their new area before all the activity starts. They are stressy little buns, so sounds as though that will be better for them. They weren’t even overly happy about a new rug I introduced to my lounge last week and hid under the bed, so wish me luck haha

Latest posts

Back