Moved to New House...Nervous Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hartlea

Reaction score
hi!
I have one adorable Holland Lop, and yesterday morning, we moved into a new duplex together (along with my parrot). Initially, he actually didn’t seem THAT scared... I was somewhat pleasantly surprised. However, this morning (after our first night here) he seems much more skittish and nervous. He doesn’t seem to be eating as much as usual.... I’ve seen him pick a little at his hay, and he ate pellets, and saw him drink some water. But...he just doesn’t seem completely right. He also has been thumping today...at me. I know this probably should be expected, but how long do you think it will take for him to feel at ease? I don’t want him to eat so little that he goes into Stasis...I know he needs that hay! Buns really are so sensitive to a lot of things in their life! It’s hard enough and adjusting to a new place, but worrying about how your pets are adjusting adds more stress for sure!

i went through the exact same with my bun just recently when we brought him inside from the upcoming cold. he nibbled here and there, ate his pellets, and flopped most of the day. he wouldn´t step outside his cage at all and would go running back in when i lifted him out. two or three days later, he started getting more active, digging at stuff. about five days later, he went in and out of his cage and courageously hopped on my bed and other soft furniture. a week has passed from that and he's back to his usual self. conclusion- he will get used to your apartment pretty soon, just make sure he still eats at least something and it should be all right in a couple of days.

If you feel he's nervous you can place him into a tiny place if he has a cage or something like a box and cover it with a blanket and leave him be for 24-48h just feed him once/twice a day, after that he should start exploring new territories little by little, don't give too much room at once do it gradually using a playpen or something to extend his territory and give him more time so he can feel safe there. It is normal if he eats less as he's just stressed it is important that he eats at all but think if you could cover him he'll start eating maybe he just doesn't feel safe still

Latest posts

Back