Moved rabbit Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nix0504

Reaction score
Hi all,

myself and my daughter have recently adopted a house rabbit. I am having some chewing problems but I’m working on trying to stop this! Yesterday I rearranged the room that Lottie sleeps in and I moved her cage, last night I had a nightmare getting her to go into her cage at night. Do you think this is because I’ve moved her cage? (I didn’t clean it out) should I leave it for her to get used to it or put it back to where it was? And advise would be greatly received.

Hi,

rabbits can be a bit peculiar about the position of some things, it will take some getting used to. When they venture out from their safe base they memorize the way, in need the retrace that way exactly (as long as not stressed, then they'll go everywhere, but not their base, they protect the warren that way). That's what makes finding holes in the fence quite easy, but also shows that the position of their base is important to them, and moving it can cause a little stress.

So, moving her cage can be a big thing, can take some time. Imho it could help limiting her roaming space for a day or two with a pen, or blocking off the general area where the cage was previously.

I bet you had reasons for moving the cage, cling on to the illusion that you are in charge :D, some of my rabbits have to swap hutches now and then, when it's time to go home they might stare at the wrong door for a day or two but they adapt quickly.

Latest posts

Back