Move Day!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We’re off to our new home, wish me luck 😬

It’s 5.30am and I’m about to get the girls’ stuff packed up and move them first, so they can get settled in a bit first.

My plan was to close the door on their room to keep the noise and people out and only have me go in there during the course of the day, but my decorator did a rubbish job yesterday and has to come back to finish. I’ll try to make sure I’m in the room at the same time to comfort them if they get freaked out. As they are free roam, I wasn’t going to put up any kind of pen, but do you think it would it make them feel more secure if I did, just for today? Or not make a difference?

To put them in I mean, not the decorator 😂

They were very helpful with the packing 🥰

Attachments

• 13088099-9A74-4AAF-AFDA-BD771AE7F3D1.jpeg
    13088099-9A74-4AAF-AFDA-BD771AE7F3D1.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 10
Buns are in, but super stressed ☹️ Obviously today was the day that they did NOT want to go in their carrier 🙄. Got there in the end, then children and excitable parents in the lift who just had a ton of loud questions about rabbit care (the kids were ok, it was the adults that were the problem). I know they’ll be fine, but not the best start to the day for them 😖.

Aww, I hope they’re doing better now and adjusting.
They were... and the decorator turned up. To be fair he’s tip-toing around and trying to be super quiet.

This face sums up how they are both feeling about their new home so far 😒

Attachments

• EBD46052-5F2C-4DF6-9538-A711578025FB.jpeg
    EBD46052-5F2C-4DF6-9538-A711578025FB.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 6
I hope they get settled in well. It sounds so stressful! When we moved it was so crazy for Theo and I felt horrible for him, but everything turned out great!

Oh it was so horrible for them, I sort of forgot about how much banging and noise there would be. They were basically terrified from around 7.30am until the men left.

I’m actually a bit worried about Gigi. She’s not really had any hay since this morning. She grazed on her pellets through the day, had a slice of apple around 4ish and appeared to be delighted to see the bowl of greens around 6.30, but when I looked again they had both had a little and then left it. She may not have even touched it really.

Kiki has since gobbled it all up, had lots of hay and has been off on adventures, but G won’t touch any hay, veg, herbs or even pellets. I don’t want to try her with anything sugary as she’s had enough today.

she does go off her food when she’s stressed or in a mood with me and I can tell she is very unhappy with what happened today. We just had a nice long cuddle on the sofa and I’m really trying to calm her down. Not sure whether to sit up all night with her until she eats something though? It’s 10pm now

She probably just needs a little time for her stomach to settle after the stress of the day. I would let her relax tonight with her buddy, and after a nice quiet night to settle in, hopefully she'll be back to feeling well and eating by morning.

For food in the morning, I would focus mostly on hay and greens, if she'll eat them. Her digestive tract has slowed down because of the stress and not eating much, and pellets and sugary/high carb foods will just slow down gut movement even more. Fiber from hay and greens are the best thing to help get those gut contents moving again.

Thank you. I actually got up around 2.30 to check on her. She still wouldn’t take anything that I offered, but there were a few greens left in their bowl and she hopped over, had a little of that and some water, which was a relief. I’ll stick with hay and veggies this morning, thank you for the advice 😊

They are sooo happy with their new home already. They have their own space in the spare room, but much prefer to hang out with me in the lounge. I’ve put a second litter box behind the sofa so they can have a munch when they like whilst I’m watching TV.

They’re both sleeping by my feet at night again too, which I was not expecting yet. Super cute.

Contented little buns 🥰

Attachments

• 03040DBE-AF26-4BDC-AD27-8D0E82BDDDBC.jpeg
    03040DBE-AF26-4BDC-AD27-8D0E82BDDDBC.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back