Mouse is keeping me up.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littl3red

Ashtin - Member
Reaction score
Mouse is digging in her cage. A lot. I do have litter throughout the cage right now because Maya has No litter box manners but even when she gets to coroplast she keeps digging. I wouldn't mind normally, especially because she doesn't dig at carpet, but it's loud and it keeps me up at night. Anybody know a way to stop her from digging, or at the very least make it quieter at night?

She's not spayed right? Get her spayed asap! My girl bun was an obsessive digger. Got her spayed and there is almost no digging now. Not a guarantee, but it worked for my bun.

I would have said a grate over the litter box but it doesn's sound like there is a litter box.

Or earplugs :)

Spaying might help. Is she getting plenty of exercise before you go to bed?
Invest in some earplugs? (I keep some next to my bed, just in case somebunny won't stop fighting with a hay rack, etc.

Honey is spayed & loves to dig. Fortunately her xpen is far enough away from the bedroom that I can't hear it if she digs at night. She has a dig box separate from her litter box.

She's getting spayed Thursday. I'll try to get her a dig box to play in before bed. (If I can find box that big!) Last night she slept with me off and on and went back and forth between the bed and cage. There was No digging so I think the digging is just from being bored.

What I have done for Ripley is in his xpen is a smaller cage he can freely go in and out of. At night, then small cage can go into the other room and he stays in there just overnight. It works well as he thumps and chews and races around all night otherwise.

Here's a recent picture of his setup:

tz85v.jpg

Nikki is an obsessive digger even after being spayed--took about 2 years for her to finally stop, sort of. I filled a pan with hand shredded newspaper which is now her playground and it's much quieter, plus at night she's in a different room.

Latest posts

Back