Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baobeithebuns

Reaction score
i’ve never seen these lines before... is it moulting?

she is about 4 months old.
how often should i brush her? she rarely lets me but today supringly she allowed me to brush her for 15 min with little struggle. so. much. dur.

Attachments

• 266FF152-7F84-4C51-B10A-C37C59C0EBC0.jpeg
    266FF152-7F84-4C51-B10A-C37C59C0EBC0.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 24
She’s molting, just brush her as often as you can and watch over her droppings.

So you know her stomach won’t get upset for digesting too much fur.

She’s molting, just brush her as often as you can and watch over her droppings.

So you know her stomach won’t get upset for digesting too much fur.

what should i look for in her droppings??
she is definitely pooing a lot as usual from what i can see.

what should i look for in her droppings??
she is definitely pooing a lot as usual from what i can see.

just watch out for hair in her droppings in case she were to consume some while grooming

also keeping her head covered with a towel/blanket may help while grooming
or you could do it in an environment she's unfamiliar with so she will hopefully squirm less
make sure your brush doesn't have wire bristles as they could cause pain

If she's ingesting too much fur, the poos will start to look like they are strung together like pearls. If you see this (or even if you don't, but she is molting) encourage more hay eating by offering hay several times per day. Don't wait for what hay she has to be gone before adding more. Provide plenty of water too. Eating lots of hay will help her digest the extra fur.

this is the brush i use..

also they always have access to a lot of hay, i have 3 buckets total.. and i refill and re-up every day always! that’s no problem. her poo seems to be normal.

Attachments

• D43AA1EE-E283-41D8-93E9-E6BA43582E04.jpeg
    D43AA1EE-E283-41D8-93E9-E6BA43582E04.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
No, no. Stop using that brush. It is too harsh on delicate bunny skin. The bristles are like tiny pins.
You can use a special comb, or a brush made for human infants, or a damp bare hand. I'll look for the photo of the type of comb that works well.

Here is a photo. It is a Hairbuster Comb (made for cats).

upload_2019-5-7_18-46-40.png

Last edited:
ok. i’ll go buy a new one today.
the lady i got one of my bunnies from said it was ok. but i will definitely stop.
i also have the rubber glove brush as well that i use.

The brush with the rounded black tips looks ok. I can't tell about the brush with the black bristles. Depends on how stiff and sharp it is.

I know nothing about the FurFetcher. Maybe someone else on RO here will know something.

No, no. Stop using that brush. It is too harsh on delicate bunny skin. The bristles are like tiny pins.
You can use a special comb, or a brush made for human infants, or a damp bare hand. I'll look for the photo of the type of comb that works well.

Here is a photo. It is a Hairbuster Comb (made for cats).

The comb is does work great. These silicone blocks work great too if help with cleaning up. https://www.amazon.com/MoPets-Effective-Silicone-Remover-Grooming/dp/B07FQW7PNR
View attachment 40764
. upload_2019-5-8_9-0-58.png

Latest posts

Back