Moulting Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
Hi All.
Just wondered if anyone has any ideas to help minimise stress for rabbits going through moulting? I comb mine daily using a good rabbit comb and gently pull some fur off too. I get worried he will get fur ball stoppage in his gut. Just wondered if anyone else has ideas to help bunnies moulting.

He’s got a sticky bottom today so will need to help him clean it. Don’t happen often but must clean it later with baby wipes

brushing them every day is good! does yours enjoy being brushed? our female loves it but our male gets cranky when we try to brush him.
I think there's probably nothing to worry about, we have tons of hair all over the place before we sweep in the morning and ours have never had problems with fur blockages.

Thanks yes as I brush him he licks my other hand. He loves it. Im trying to get his sticky bum cleaned up now. He doont like me touching his area down there so it’s a challenge

I had a rabbit recently go through a really bad molt and another time when a rabbit who’s poop had fur in it so I gave them papaya support by Oxbow, and the one with that hair in her poop was fine the next day! The bad molter didn’t get fur in his poop because of it. So if your comfortable giving it to him, I highly recommended it!

I had a rabbit recently go through a really bad molt and another time when a rabbit who’s poop had fur in it so I gave them papaya support by Oxbow, and the one with that hair in her poop was fine the next day! The bad molter didn’t get fur in his poop because of it. So if your comfortable giving it to him, I highly recommended it!
I have ordered it now because it looks very good for rabbits many thanks

We brush our rabbits often when they are moulting. After we get them onto the grooming table they seem to like the grooming; however, getting ahold of them in the first place is a challenge.

We brush in the morning before they settle down for the day; but... they have a sixth sense that tells them what is in the works. One of them starts thumping and all of them get stirred up. They are experts at avoiding approaching humans--at this time of day, only. After we get them cornered it is no problem; but, they upset everything in their "apartment" while it is happening.

Any other time of day they are friendly and calm and let their humans do the feeding and cleaning chores in their spaces, occasionally nose-bumping and being curious; but, grooming time is something else! ;-)

Lol I have two rabbits and one in the hutch knows when I’m coming to bring her indoors snd scarpers but then when she’s indoors ske licks my forehead! The other he is 12 snd indoors due to his age snd special feeding regime. He loves being picked up snd licks my hand as he’s stroked or combed. The white black is a lion head 12 the all black Skye is 3

Attachments

• 01B4CCEE-7DD7-416F-B81B-F86D7A463F98.jpeg
    01B4CCEE-7DD7-416F-B81B-F86D7A463F98.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 0
  • 5023F606-7EEF-44C7-89E1-40E4E9E9239B.jpeg
    5023F606-7EEF-44C7-89E1-40E4E9E9239B.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9B08BD7F-D568-41EE-81AB-4E32DEBDC671.jpeg
    9B08BD7F-D568-41EE-81AB-4E32DEBDC671.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DBE1D7F8-B13C-41B9-9FE6-6683A5345104.jpeg
    DBE1D7F8-B13C-41B9-9FE6-6683A5345104.jpeg