Moult lines in fur??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassnessxox

Reaction score
So my rabbit Bambi has some weird looking lines in his fur. At first I thought he was just moulting and I waited for the lines to grow out...only they didn't. They change a bit, but have been there for months!! I guess I was just wondering if it was normal, I took some photos, not the clearest but best I can do at the moment.

What do you think?
wp20130427007w.jpg

wp20130427005e.jpg

wp20130427004.jpg

wp20130427003.jpg

Last edited:
Thumper has that one his nose between his eyes. Like you said, it changes but hasn't gone away. He is shedding. He doesn't seem to lose a ton of fur at once just a steady shed.

Will it ever go away? The ones on his side and on his head have been there for months, slowly getting moving out, that one in the middle of his back is newer, like it's starting again already!
So it's just a normal moult though? Nothing to be worried about?

I brush him a lot as my other girl is fluffy, but she loses far more fur than he does, unless she is moulting to and I just can't tell?

Its a normal molt and your bun looks like it will be like my Rocky. He is molting about 8-9 months out of the year. When he did have a nice clean coat he won a Reserve In Show. But his coat almost always looks like this

8EBE414A-F3F8-4471-A457-B1CB63668294-1347-000000905B93632F_zps2287af67.jpg

I've tried brushing it and brushing it but it never really helped. When I started seeing loose fur in his tray I would give him papaya tablets just to avoid any blockage problems. He very slowly moults and doesnt go through a big one in a quick time. He moults slowly and sparingly.

Rocky has the letter "A" on his side :p

Nothing to be worried about though, like the others have said, just a slow progressing moult.

tiny ears for a tiny bunny lol hes only about 2lbs :D
I'm lucky Kaley hasnt stolen him from me! LOL

No worries, it doesn't look like a skin condition (usually those are accompanied by flaky skin and/ or a rash) so if it isn't irritating your bunny it should be fine. Molting can take a long period of time and all sorts of weather conditions can cause the fur to change colors.

Latest posts

Back