Mother rabbit not being able to feed babies? HELP!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audybunz

Reaction score
Hi, my 2 year old mini rex just delivered 6 babies last night, one was still born. (August 6th around 11). and i noticed today her nipples are red at the tips like her babies are sucking too hard because they can't get anything. i saw her go in and feed around 1 pm for a couple minutes and when she came out she flinched when i touched a nipple and her babies were sucking and digging at the blanket she dragged into the nest. it seemed like they were still hungry. 0807211040.jpgScreenshot_20210807-102734.png

It can take up to 24h for the milk to drop, in rare cases even longer. Make sure that the kits are well covered so that they don't lose much energy.
They look rather plump on the picture though, I would think she fed them, and everything is fine, can't say much about the nipples. Just don't stress her, like hovering over her when she needs privacy for feeding. And right now I would definitly not try to feed some stuff to the kits.

Latest posts

Back