Moo Peeing outside litterbox..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBabyboo

Reaction score
Moo has never really had great litter box habbits but its getting out of control.. I let him out of his cage(3cube by 2cube) and he pees everywhere!! I'm getting frustrated. He does pee in his litter box when ever he is in the cage with the door shut.

I have STOPPED trying to bond him and Binoo(my other male) because it was getting too stressful on Binoo.. Things have calmed down a bit between them(threw the cage because I dont want fights breaking out) and Moo seems to be okay with our female Harely. Could is be because Harley is reaching maturity(4 months old)?

I am NOT going to try bonding both males to Harley(just dont see it turning out well) Binoo and Harley get along great threw the cage, their cages are side by side. They groom each other and flop beside each other, Things i rarely(if ever) saw with Moo and Binoo. So I figure after she is spayed(in may) I will be bonding Harley and Binoo together.

Eventually we will get a friend for Moo, Though he seems aggressive sometimes towards other bunnies?

Should I try a trio? Would it be a horrible disaster? I am not a first time owner of rabbits, Though this is the first time I have tried to bond male and female bunnies.

Please help..

560692_10151236700617025_781255739_n.jpg

1010180_10151666198517025_1977090599_n.jpg

996679_10152058182887025_981192661_n.jpg

I'm assuming that Moo is neutered. Sorry but if you did state that I missed it but I was having trouble keeping names and such all straight.

If you are not doing so already then you should clean with vinegar to remove completely the smell of urine.

If you plan to bond Harley and Binoo then that means Moo will be by himself. Is there any way for you to separate him from being near the other two? If you can't put him in a different room then how about the other side of the room?

I have a male and two females. All are intact. I have had the male since 10 weeks old and the only time he ever sprayed was about two months after the females moved into my home. They are all in the same room but not allowed out at the same time. Once I put up an X pen around the girls cage so he could only get within three feet or so of their cage when he is out, he stopped spraying and hasn't done so yet. That may help if he is spraying to mark territory or such.

You may also want to have him looked over by a vet if it could be due to a medical problem.

He is neutered. sorry about the name thing. We are moving Moo to his own room on Thursday. Which means a full cleaning of both cage areas. I feel bad separating him from the other two but enough enough with the peeing everywhere.

Sometimes with buns that have litter training issues, you have to take things more slowly. With him being good when he's in his cage, you may need to go about expanding his area more slowly. You will need to use smaller spaces and only gradually increase that space when he does well in the smaller space. An xpen is a good way to control expanding this area.

It's also possible having your other buns around is causing some marking issues even though he is neutered.

Not a problem about the names. The problem was just me being tired and all made it difficult for me to keep it straight.

I know with Thumper, he does seem to enjoy having the girls around to watch since he can't get near them but he also seemed perfectly content before I rescued him. You'll just have to give Moo some extra attention and what bun wouldn't like that? :)

If the spraying is due to marking because of the other buns then he may actually be more relaxed away from them.

Moved Moo into another room about an hour ago. He flopped and seems happier. Cleaned up all of the pee in the other room. Now I just need to buy an area rug for him and we will be set. :) Thanks guys. I'll post pics in a bit.

Glad to hear it. I know I feel bad when the girls are being extra hormonal, just seems like it would be tiring and stressful. Hopefully he'll really enjoy his room.

Yeah, now he is digging everything out of his litter box. -,- silly bunny

Latest posts

Back