Monty, my [big] baby bunny 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is so pretty! I just love her. I just want to squeeze her, I know I say that all the time. But when I see her, I just want to hug her so much! haha.
I want a Flemmie SO bad.

What gorgeous pics, I just love that little lady and those big ears. I wish I had a bigger place so I could get a Monty or a Thumper or maybe one of each then I could have little flemmies....dream on lol.

Your posts make me miss my big Flemmie boys so much! My big black boy Rascal was 14 lbs and my big blue boy Rebel was 16 lbs. I have an amazing huge young French Lop now named Chester who is awesome but there is just something about the Flemish and those giant ears that I love. I wish the giant breeds had longer life spans though. I love Monty, she is an a beautiful Flemmie girl!

I caught Monty renovating Buncave #2. I'll need to pull out the backup one soon. I've got Mountain Dew LiveWire and Mountain Dew Throwback cartons waiting to be used (aka I was too lazy to break them down for recycling so I made the excuse that I'm saving them for Monty) :p

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypb3s0VymEI[/ame]

Please hold...uploading pics :)

"I'm Prim and Proper and I have Pretty Eyelashes"
1zntm35.jpg

Floor snuggles make me smiley
wts2g.jpg

"Just you watch, hooman. First, your newspapers, then YOUR INFRASTRUCTURES"
30c0oqv.jpg

Yes, you look kinda fat when you sit like that.
6f9zjt.jpg

Pretty periscope :)
x1c4d2.jpg

I tried to take another shot, and she hopped away. Poof! Tail.
j94r4m.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, what a cute video! Monty is adorable! I love how she sits in the cardboard box and chews on the cardboard. Is she eating it or chewing it, it almost looks like she is eating it. The pictures are cute too! I love her dewlap its getting so big haha. She is so pretty! I love flemmies!

Oh and, how is your crochet bunny coming along?

She has Grinch feets.
It looks like she just needed somewhere more comfortable to put her face! haha.

She's really big. How much do you think she weighs now? She looks so squishy. haha.
Her dewlap is coming in quite nicely! She's so dang pretty!

Thanks, gals. Yes, she pretty much eats most of the cardboard she tears off. Silly girl.

Crochet bunny ground to a halt, but I'm going to try to work on it today. Yesterday I was tired all day, but unable to nap. I worked an overnight shift helping another location of the chain I work for, and only had a 3-hour nap beforehand, and then slept 2 hours afterward, and then I was up ALL DAY, just wired enough that I couldn't nap, but just tired enough that I couldn't function. I demanded lots of bunny snuggles :p

Today it's cold and dreary and rainy, and the heat is all confused and won't come on for long because it was 75 and 80 on Monday and Tuesday, and yesterday and today it's ...46. Balls! Plus all of my muscles are KILLING me from moving fabric all night Wednesday night during that overnight. It probably doesn't *sound* like a big deal, but really, it's physically taxing. Imagine picking up something that's basically a 3-5 lb cereal box with one hand. It's not really thick, and it's kinda heavy for one hand, so you have to pinch it hard. Okay, now use both hands to rotate it a couple times like you're unrolling something. Hold it in one hand again at chest level for about 15 seconds, then set it on a shelf at waist level. Step over and grab another one and come back and repeat the whole process. For 8 hours. Standing the whole time. Then someone walks over and says no, we need those fabrics all sorted by type and THEN colorized, not just colorized as one whole collection. Then later, they walk over to something you took the first 2 hours doing and say it needs to slide over ONE MORE SECTION, which of course is easier said than done because it's a slanted display with one shelf at eye level, one at shoulder level, and one just below waist level, and there are dividers every 4 feet preventing this "slide" motion, so you have to grab a couple bolts at a time, lift them, carry them at whatever level they were at, shuffle sideways 4 feet, and shove them in that section. **** **** BALLS my shoulders and upper everything hurt. Pecs, delts, tris, bis, wrists, and yes even that squeezing muscle in each HAND.

I'm gonna seal up this rant for now. I'm whiny and I hurt. I need to get some water and ibuprofen, but that requires getting up, and lifting a water pitcher, and squeezing to open a drug bottle, all of which are painful for me. It's easier to just hit OK on the remote for the next episode of Bones to play on Hulu on the TV. Oh yeah, and I slept from just before midnight yesterday to just before 11AM. 11-hour coma did me some good, except that I could barely move when I woke up.

rant is NOW sealed up. I swear. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh and I'm not sure how much she weighs now. I don't have any kind of scale here (my low weight actually terrifies and depresses me, so I'm usually pretty sad if I jump on a scale fully clothed at someone else's house and it tells me how under I am) but it seems on average she has gained a pound a month. She was a hair over 10 lbs a week after her spay, and that was 2.5 or 3 months ago, so maybe 12ish lbs now? and OMG, pardon me while I crap myself because in a couple WEEKS she'll be a year old! Actually, only 9 days. I'll still call her my baby bunny :p

Oh I just love my big Monty, that box just so suits her. Mine eats quite a bit of cardboard as well, keeps them out of mischief a good part of the day.

Hope your muscles have now recovered. It´s amazing how much they can hurt when you use them all too much at the same time.

Monty will be 1 year old....we will have to celebrate. What day is her birthday ??? Fiesta, fiesta haha.

I'm one big ache today. I've got a drawing board on my lap and I'm marking fabric that I need to cut later. I just can't stand to be on the floor right now.

It's kinda the saddest part of the year for me right now. Last May, my beloved kitty Belle died. She slowed down gradually over her last few months, but then took a bad turn at the end and I had to have her put down on May 11 when she was confirmed to be in kidney failure. I'll probably do a Tribute thread for her with pictures of our lives together, and some fun stories.

Monty's birth date was said to be May 12. I still firmly believe after having her since she was 7-8 weeks old that some part of Belle's spirit passed onto Monty. It's a feeling I can't shake, especially when she just comes over and lays with me and purrs.

That´s such a lovely story, they say that when one life goes another starts so maybe Belle gave Monty life.

I still think of her as your baby and yes now she is a very big girl :p

Dang, I forgot about that bath right after I posted here about it. Duh.

Oh anyway, here's a shot I caught last night while playing with burst mode on my phonecam. Strawberry face!
35jyn3n.jpg

More fun with burst mode. I took these last week with the intention of making an animated GIF but it took me until now to find a semi-okay one to use on my phone. Here's the result...

Apple thief blooper--I didn't have a good enough grip on the apple chunk
vnlbfr.jpg

Latest posts

Back