Months post neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor889

Reaction score
Hello , my boy bean was neutered back in July . He did really well with recovery and his testicle sack , now inflated looked great once it healed up . However I have just noticed some bruising and slight swelling on both the inflated sacks and it is now October .

I check him out every so often and just over a week ago I didn’t notice anything wrong with him until today . Has anyone else had this happen months after the neuter?
I’m a little concerned about it . I’ll be watching it the next few days to see what it does but I will call the vet if it looks like it hasn’t gotten better .

I would call the vet since your rabbit seems to not be healing correctly. Make sure he is not in pain because the pain might cause him to not eat which can cause him to go into stasis. Call your vet and ask for Medicam if you see any signs of pain. Some signs of pain are, not eating, pressing his stomach to the floor, not moving or wanting to move, tooth grinding, and not using the bathroom.

He seems absolutely fine other then the skin flaps looking possibly bruised. They don’t look swollen today so that might of been a one off . He’s been running around and pulling on the gate I use to keep him from out under my bed . He’s even chasing the cats so he is acting fine . I have just never noticed the bruised looking spots before . I’m calling the vet tomorrow to see if they will see me or just have me send them pics of the area.

Could he maybe have strained something or injured himself somehow in the last few days?

He hasn’t done anything out of the ordinary or of his norm that I’ve noticed . He’s still eating well and moving around just fine like it doesn’t bother him , however I know animals don’t always show pain or soreness in the same way we do

Latest posts

Back