Mom is annoying!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyRabbits06

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know this is probably weird but I'm just going vent about my mother. Honestly this feels like a safe place for me to do it, so here I go. (Keep in mind we are Christian and my mom doesn't understand mental health.) Why can't you understand that I'm only 14? You do realize I'm still a MINOR. I can mess up sometimes you have to understand that. HELLO we are in a pandemic. I have online school. Its really not my fault I can't concentrate. Sorry not sorry! I prefer a REAL classroom setting not staring at a screen for hours. I really miss when I went to therapy. I felt safe. I could talk to Liz about what I was feeling, but you say that it didn't really benefit me. Yes it did mom. Do you realize I was struggling with PTSD at a young age? I can manage it much better thanks to Liz. You say "oh well It happened years ago" Mom that's not how it works. It was a TRAUMATIC event! I will most likely remember it for the rest of my life. I didn't ask you for regular therapy today. I asked for Christian therapy so I can get the help I need plus me getting closer to God. I know its probably hard for you to understand. You probably think counseling is only for those with who are "mentally ill". No its not. Everyone can benefit from it. Even YOU. I can't really talk to you about anything because you don't LISTEN. You go on and on about how I fall into temptation and I should be better. Well sorry I'm not perfect. You aren't either so why do you expect so much from me. Again I'm still a minor, I'm learning from my mistakes and growing. You just don't understand me. THAT IS WHY I NEED CHRISTIAN COUNSELING. So I can talk to someone other than you, about my feelings and so I can grow my relationship with God. "Its not going to benefit you anyways because your still the same." Well we haven't tried yet; it have we? Sorry I didn't know you had a psychology degree. I start crying when you say stuff like this because I wish you would understand me better not because you think I'm doing something I'm not supposed to. That's the end of it I feel much better now. Thanks for reading. If you have any suggestions on how I can convince my mom to let me get counseling I would love to hear them. Thank you for your time.

Sounds pretty stressful. Hopefully you can get the help you need.

As for your mum and counselling, one of the reasons she might not be taking you to counselling is that it can be fairly expensive, I’m not sure if you have public health care in the US, so it might be a cost worry. Maybe you could try an online service like Childline? I’m not sure if that would help you

I don’t know what your situation is like, so I can’t say to much. Maybe you could talk to your pastor or someone at church about whatever it is, they’re not likely to charge you for it, and you don’t nescesarily need your mum’s permission for it (I don’t think).

Other than that, I don’t really know. Hopefully you can convince her

Thanks your probably right, online counseling might be better for me. I remember she would complain about how long the ride was for me to get my therapy session. I could try asking her about online counseling.

everyone's path is different. No one will ever understand yours. I wonder if her having a psych degree and not being able to fix things make her feel a failure. She may feel she has to prove herself, and rather than listen she assumes she has it covered. It might even feel embarassing for her. Neither here nor there. That's her path. I'm sorry that you are feeling traumatized and isolated, I feel that way myself and have never been able to connect with people in personal circle on this level. Therapists and guides can be wonderful to help you see yourself , but take a deep breath, you're still you, will always be you. Doesn't make it any easier to accept but I get it. I'm glad you reached out... Never be afraid to. You're beautiful and bunnies make great therapists!

Hopefully you can get the help you need. Maybe try all the things other people have said, and if none of that works, I'd try to get in contact with a school consular.

Myself also don’t like the distance studying, I have a hard time focusing and grasping the things I study. It becomes harder for me to memorize things and watching a computer screen for half a day is really boring and stressing at the same time.

I know it’s a difference between countries and how it goes with care.

But I know children and teenager have many support groups and can get a counselor to talk with. At least in sweden young adults under 25 can go to a clinic and get help without needing to pay for anything, while keeping it away from parents. The church also have different support programs which you can check out.

But during this time check out distance counseling, if you are comfortable talking at home. I just think some parents can have a hard time seeing from their kids perspective and not understand. Parents can also sometimes downplay a few events that create insecurities because they don’t understand the impact it had on us.

But it’s great that you want to find a counsleor and try to cope better with your PTSD. It’s not easy to handle trauma from childhood and it follow you as you grow up. At least you will learn how to cope with it a little better which can provide a bit of help 😊

Tell her she can pay for help now and support your healing or wonder if she could have/should have done more later when the situation (your issues) never gets resolved. Most parents want to help their children and good parents will do whatever is necessary to help them along. If that doesn't get through, see about a school counselor. You may even be able to do online visits that will not take any transportation....

Latest posts

Back