mom died and left 3 babies please help me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahh long day at work sorry it took so long yall!she made it thru the night well and i put her with mama while i was atwork. she seems good still. i have the heater plugged in and facingtowards mom and baby so they dont get chilly. she's just a perfectlittle baby gettin such a fat little belly and some more fuzzy hair.:pray:i was up and down all night making sure she was stillwarm enough. pray for this little one for me! so far so good!!
~kimbo~

bad news. i went to check on the baby and shehas a sunken belly. she was so fat and now she's fading away in myhands....i have her next to the heater with me and she's justmaking little noises...i tried to give her formula but its nouse.....

what happened???

i guess maybe it did b/c the other 6 died....andthis one is suffering still... i put her back in the cage to be besideher mom. i really hate this happened...i dont have another mom that hasbabies and has milk. im so upset about this b/c she was doing so welland was getting her little hair in and had a fat belly.... im going totry to lay down i guess.... :tears2:

i def did try to get her to nurse but i guess itwas too late.....im guessing there was no milk left. i hate that thebaby had to suffer like that... i feel horrible. i checked her thismorning and she had passed. :(

I'm so sorry about your loss. I do understand itas I got up this morning to find out we'd lost a kit too. I had figuredwe would - sometimes you just can't help them. But it stillhurt...

Peg

I hate losing kits too...don't we all. It usedtoreally bother me when my rabbits were strictly pet and 4H projects. Nowthat I have so many and I breed so much...it doesn't really get to meas badly. Its still sad, and I always wish it to not happen, but happenit does on occasion and It doesn't hurt so deeply anymoreTo lose onekit and have 4 other litters survive...then I still have alot of babies.

So, enjoy the babies you do have, that di make it. Be proud that helpedraise them and be second mommmy to them. Take pride in youraccomplishments, and don't dwell on your losses too long.

Latest posts

Back