molting + disgestion problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bri <3

Reaction score
hi everybody! i have a 6 month old rabbit and she is currently shedding. 2 weeks ago, she had an upset stomach and was gassy, it scared the life out of me because she wasn’t eating and drinking from the pain. i gave her pineapple juice + baby gas drops and she was back to normal eating again. she had another episode of this and i hadn’t connected the fact that she was molting. although she’s a mini rex, she sheds an incredible amount. i’ve also cut down her pellet, veggie and fruit intake so she can get more fiber to break down whatever hair, gas or blockage she may be getting from this. she’s never had any issues before this and the vet said she was an extremely healthy rabbit when i took her for her exam. has anybody else experienced this when their rabbit is shedding?

update: she’s been having some weird droppings that are slightly smaller than usually but she doesn’t have a blockage and is continuing to eat (99% hay and a tablespoon of papaya everyday for her digestive system)

Latest posts

Back