Molly getting spayed on Friday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY!!!

She's home!!!

AND she's EATING!!!

Actually, she put away about a cup of mixed herbs and a handful of hay within the first 10 minutes of being home, and now she's snoozing in her temporary litter box :biggrin:(a large storage bin lid flipped upside down)

And because of all your kind words and well wishes, I reward you with... PICTURES!

All the makings of a smooth recovery... A water bowl, if we find our bottle hard to reach:

DSCI0172.jpg

Lots and lots of tastey hay and greens:

DSCI0170.jpg

A freind to steal our greens:

DSCI0178.jpg

DSCI0169.jpg

And a good nap:

DSCI0189.jpg

Thanks everyone!

I know, that's the only size she won't knock over! And even that big, she'll still push it around the floor. :rollseyes

All is still well this morning! She's sitting up, begging to come out. Breaks my heart, but I can't comply... She needs at least a week of confinement. But I did go sit with her for a bit and she was SUPER loving. Oh, and there was a carpet of poo all over the floor, lol.

See how she is on monday. Atleast keep her calm/quiet for the weekend, if her incision looks good and shes acting normal, able to get around as usual, and not looking to be in any pain. You can probably let her out for a bit of calmer fun time, or at least let her spend some time with gus. Just no bunny 500's. Orders for my guys were only the weekend apart.

Sometimes keeping them cooped up does more harm then good (like Lily thinking its acceptable to destroy my good towels and pee outside her litter box, just because she wasnt allowed to be with Loki!) Bunnys can go insane too.

:woohoo

Glad to see she did so well! It's hard to restrict them when they are begging to get out after sugery, I always feel like the bad guy. Peace is similar right now, it's been almost a month since his nueter and abcess surgery and he still has to be contained for 2 more weeks...

Anyways, keep eatin' that cilantro and don't let any more of it wander away!

Thanks everyone! She's doing great today :biggrin2:.

I was wondering, what is the best way to administer Metacam? Her dosage is 4 drops, so what I did is sprinkle it over some crushed parsley. I'm hoping she eats it, though she only seemed interested in hay when I offered it to her.

The other thing is, she doesn't actually seem to be in any pain, so is it really that bad if she doesn't eat it? I don't want to stress her out by syringe feeding her. She really seems fine without it. I figure I'll offer it, and if she doesn't eat it, no biggie. But if she starts showing any signs of pain, I'll force it.

Thoughts?

Metacam is an Anti Inflamatory and it will help with any swelling both internal and external as well as pain.

Metacam dosage for bunnys is the same as cats (which is half the dose dogs get 2drops/lb) so a cat/rabbit would get 1drop /lb. For my 3 lb bunnies they got approx 0.1ml each.

If her dose is 4 drops, take the syring case lid, and drop 5 drops of metacam into the lid, then suck all 5 drops up, this will account for the ammount that gets left in the tip of the syringe (approx 1 drop worth) so she will still get her full dose.

It was much easier to give my guys metacam by syring then critical care. Metacam is sweet tasting (its very annoyingly sticky) and most animals tolerate it verry well. Best method is the syring. Try a drop on your finger for yourself and see how it tastes. Totally safe.

Woopee ! That is a great news. Wow, she started eating earlier than my girl. How's she doing now? And how are you? Now you can be relaxed. Your girl will quickly heal. I'm sure.

She's doing well, thanks! But she is SO GRUMPY. She keeps shaking the bars of her Xpen, demanding that I open the door immediately, or there shall be hell to pay. If I go in to sit with her, she'll start picking up her furniture and tossing it around in a fit of anger. Sigh!

I won't complain, though. As long as she's healthy and not in pain, I can put up with a little attitude. Perhaps it's the sudden rush of hormones leaving her system? :?

Anyway, she kinda reminds me of Fraggles right now...ahem....:biggrin2:

Maybe it's something to do with her wound. I mean, that's really a good news she can eats on her own. I think she just wants to warn you, " Mommy, no more vet thing. If you dare... :X ". There's nothing to be worried about. Like you said, as long as she's healthy. It takes quite some time for her hormone to cool down. My girl is still hormonal sometimes, but less than before. And she had the operation back in Nov 2010 ! ;) She's not aggressive , just you know, dancing around our feet and less eating less resting. It's milder now.
Again, nose rubbing for your brave girl :)

Latest posts

Back