Mold...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bentley

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I went to Bentley's cage a few days ago, and was petting her and admiring her, whatever haha. and I noticed that her bottom trays were getting dirty, and I pulled out the tray thinking 'I should clean it' and I noticed there was mold growing in it! I quickly changed the bedding and made it all clean again. Bentley pooped and then she leaked her water bottle and it must've created the mold. Obviously I know now I need to keep a better eye on her litter pans and to change them more frequently, but I'm just wondering if the mold will do any harm to her? She doesn't seem that sick, doesn't seem any different. But it still scares me she might've inhaled some of it :( poor bunny.

I am sure she will be fine, it's not like she was exposed for a long period of time but how often were you changing her litter pan? I change my bun's litter pan every other day.

We (including the rabbits) are continually breathing in mold spores - most of them are harmless.

However, it is important to keep bedding dry to control odor and to help repel insects such as flies.

I had a rabbit on Lasix who peed like crazy. I found mold in her litter box and I am good at cleaning them. She never showed any signs of problems from it. I now try to keep 2 litter boxes in her room to try and help the problem but she still only uses the one.

Okay thats what I was thinking, but I know bunnies have bad immune systems. I've been changing them once a week.. cause its only one rabbit. But I change her litter box every other day.

Latest posts

Back