MN Rabbit Savvy Vets X

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
The followingis the House Rabbit Society link for Rabbit Veterinarians in Minnesota:

http://www.mnhouserabbit.org/resources/veterinarians.html

Thislink isfor an old, but excellent list (courtesy of Petbunny mailing list subscribers). Please post any known updates in this thread.

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/Vet_Min.html

With the permission of the Petbunny moderator, we have reposted those Petbunny Listings here:
  1. [font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"]
  2. Dr. Rich Lancello, DVM
    Cedarview Animal Hospital
    7545 West 147th Street West
    Apple Valley, MN 55077
    (612) 432-4928
    Recommended by: Mary K. Ferguson
    Comments: Concerned, caring, loving and knowledgeable with bunnies and exotics. He is an HRS guy...always available when needed. Will explain details and cases well. Doesn't shove bunny off on techs...will sit down in front of you in the exam room with bunny cuddled in his arms and make sure bunny is comfortable -- I saw him give Snoozy-Snooze a kiss on top of his forehead during a visit. He has treated Snoozy-Snooze very well.
    Submitted: 3/99
    Need directions?
  3. Dr. Debra Allerhand
    Dr. Jennifer Kokes
    All About Pets Clinic
    5669 Duluth Street
    Golden Valley, Minnesota 55422
    (763) 546-4452
    Recommended by: Debra Barrett Messer
    Recommended by: Marian Casey
    Comments by Debra: She is the [best] vet...very helpful...[gives] alot of info...[she] explains [things] very clearly and...is very knowledgeable about rabbits. [She] explains what is wrong and how to solve the problems.
    Comments by Marian: All About Pets doesn't just have good doctors, the entire staff is great. We feel like part of a big family, everybody there seems to know all the animal patients by name and to recognize us when we walk in as the-people-belonging-to-[bunny name]. They are marvelous about gently examining a timid bunny, explaining good-and-bad possibilities so that we know what signs to watch for one way or another, teaching us tricks for administering medicine, having an on-call doctor call us right back when we have an after-hours concern, etc. They (collectively) were also incredibly wonderful with helping us through when our first house rabbit died, from reassuring us that we'd done everything we could have done, reviewing the cremation/burial options and discussing the process of grieving, to advising us on how to prepare our home for the next rabbit (what to throw/what to keep/how to sanitize) and guidance on where to look for another rabbit and what to seek/avoid when looking at rabbits in shelters. [They] offer affordable boarding services (including administering medications).
    Submitted: 2/05
    Need directions?
  4. Dr. Patrick Jennrich, Dr. David Wetherill
    Como Park Animal Hospital
    1014 Dale St N
    St. Paul, MN 55117
    (651) 487-1941
    Recommended by: Jessica Laine
    Comments: Both doctors are extremely knowledgeable, attentive, and caring. They always offer my rabbit Tawny and I personal attention and follow up. The whole staff is wonderful. Como Park is also a great place to board as they grow their own veggies in a garden behind their building to feed the bunnies.
    Submitted: 3/01
    Need directions?
  5. Dr. Un
    Dr. Baley
    Cedar Pet Clinic
    3604 Cedar Ave S.
    Minneapolis, MN 55407-2920
    (612) 721-7431
    Recommended by: Brian Schmalz
    Comments: Cedar Pet Clinic does a lot with 'exotics' including rabbits. I have had nothing but terrific experiences with Dr. Un. She is very friendly, and very knowledgeable about rabbits. She has done neuters, spays, ground down teeth, emergency procedures, etc. Cedar tends to be a bit more expensive, but it is well worth it in my opinion. They have a large staff and have always taken the time to explain everything to me.
    Submitted: 2/01
    Need directions?
  6. Dr. Hill
    Excelsior Animal Hospital
    130 Oak Street
    Excelsior, MN 55331
    (952) 474-1106
    Recommended by: Emily Smith
    Submitted: 4/01
    Need directions?
  7. Drs. John A. Newman, Catherine M. Rahimi, LaVonne J. Trombley
    Southview Animal Hopsital
    32 West Mendota Rd.
    Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
    (651) 455-2258
    Recommended by: Connie Andrews
    Comments: Dr. Newman has seen all my rabbits. He has a 24 hour emergency service. He and the other two vets have spayed and neutered four rabbits for me and have seen my rabbits on an emergency basis for GI Stasis problems, etc.
    Submitted: 7/01
    Need directions?
    [/size][/font][/size][/font]
And, the followinglist is from the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians: (Please be sure that vets on this listtreat rabbits and not just birds or reptiles).

Again, please post any additions, commentsor updates in this thread.

Thanks!

Minnesota

Jennifer Blair, DVM
1755 Pascal Street North
Falcon Heights, MN 55113
Phone: 651-646-1245
Email: [email protected]

Pet Medical Center
57 E. 3rd St.
Winona, MN 55987
507-454-2600
www.pmcWinona.com

PMC does a lot with 'exotics' including rabbits. I have had good experiences with Dr Laurel Logas. She is very friendly, and very knowledgeable about rabbits. She has done neuters, spays, ground down teeth, emergency procedures, etc. PMC tends to be a bit more expensive. They have a large staff and have always taken the time to explain everything to me, as well as providing me with a lot of information to take home.

I also want to recommend Dr.Laurel Lougas of Pet Medical Center. Winona MN She is way more rabbit saavy than anyone in the La Crosse area although La crosse vet Clinic on Hwy 16 In La Crosse Wi doesmultiple spays and neuters (from our shelter) and are expetemely experienced with that type of surgery.

Dr Lougas is learning and practicing small animal dentistry and also will think "outside the box".
Ihave brought suggestions to her and have always been seriously listened to.

This vet is also a wonderful rabbit savvy vet. She has done many spays/nueters, handles or has seen just about any rabbit health issue.

Dr. Peg Frank
Cottage Grove Animal Hospital
8136 E. Point Douglas Road
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
651-768-0400

Latest posts

Back