Mites

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think that spraying your whole rabbit every 3 days and not knowing the concentration of the spray, could potentially pose a risk of causing an overdose with your rabbit. The ivermectin will be groomed off and will also be absorbed through the skin, so even though applied externally, OD is still a risk. Plus I would want to make sure the other ingredients are safe for rabbits if groomed off and consumed.

Maybe before using it, phone your vet and ask them to email you the ingredient information and the concentration (mg/per ml) of the spray, to verify it will be safe to use and if you should only apply it every 10 days.

I would think that spraying your whole rabbit every 3 days and not knowing the concentration of the spray, could potentially pose a risk of causing an overdose with your rabbit. The ivermectin will be groomed off and will also be absorbed through the skin, so even though applied externally, OD is still a risk. Plus I would want to make sure the other ingredients are safe for rabbits if groomed off and consumed.

Maybe before using it, phone your vet and ask them to email you the ingredient information and the concentration (mg/per ml) of the spray, to verify it will be safe to use and if you should only apply it every 10 days.
I will ask the vet about it
It’s been 24 hours and she’s still itching 😭

It’s been a bit over 40 hours, the dandruffy skin is a lot better, but i see her scratching her ear a lot, I put a drop of olive oil, and she’s trying to clean it 🤡
I don’t know what to do anymore! She was injected with the medicine and got a topical one too
I am cleaning and removing anything that can cause the mites to come back
Why is she still itching
What else can I do to help her get better

Hi, sorry I know I’ve been asking a lot, I just don’t know what to do
I just ordered the pink revolution, is it the right one? haru is 1.5kg if you can please tell me how to use it in detail
It has three bottles, if I used all of them two weeks in between, would that be enough to not take her to the vet after two weeks for a third dose of doramectin?
And is it okay to use the revolution on her even though she just took two doses of doramectin, and was sprayed with the ivermectin? i texted the vet about the spray ingredients and he hasn’t responded yet
I noticed that when she gets the shot she becomes more sleepy, eats less, and hides behind the couch all the time, like when we get vaccinated
And her ears gets a bit cold

She might be getting lethargic from the doramectin injections because the vet is either injecting her with too much causing a minor overdose reaction, or she is sensitive to it. Either way, I wouldn't want her having that injection again. And also I wouldn't apply the spray anymore.

The pink revolution(selamectin), is it the one for puppies and cats under 5 lbs, with 15mg in each tube? I would wait at least a week before applying the revolution. She still has the doramectin in her system and you sprayed her with the ivermectin, so you just don't want to overload her with all these meds. She's already showing some symptoms of a problem with the meds she's been given, so she needs time for them to work out of her system before she gets treated with the revolution.

She might be getting lethargic from the doramectin injections because the vet is either injecting her with too much causing a minor overdose reaction, or she is sensitive to it. Either way, I wouldn't want her having that injection again. And also I wouldn't apply the spray anymore.

The pink revolution(selamectin), is it the one for puppies and cats under 5 lbs, with 15mg in each tube? I would wait at least a week before applying the revolution. She still has the doramectin in her system and you sprayed her with the ivermectin, so you just don't want to overload her with all these meds. She's already showing some symptoms of a problem with the meds she's been given, so she needs time for them to work out of her system before she gets treated with the revolution.
This is the one that I ordered
Do I clean the room right after giving it to her? and how many times should i clean?
And how do I apply it

Attachments

• E3D59A9A-E068-4176-AC1E-AF8EE9FEBBAB.jpeg
    E3D59A9A-E068-4176-AC1E-AF8EE9FEBBAB.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1

I just applied the revolution now in the back of her neck, she’s trying to clean it
What else do I do? and I when and how many times should I clean the room¿
Is there anything that I should look out for¿ like any signs of her getting sick from the revolution or something
When I read the instructions paper it says that it could cause diarrhea, lethargy, fever, and some other side effects that makes me worry that it might do something to her
It also said rare instances of death 🐸

Revolution is pretty safe. It's the safest mite treatment for rabbits. Any med has potential side effects, but that doesn't mean they will happen. As long as she continues to eat and behave normally, it should be fine.

If you applied it at the nape of the neck behind the head, she shouldn't be able to reach it to groom it off. You can clean the room once after application, then I wouldn't worry about it. If she does have mites, this should take care of it.

Latest posts

Back