Mites or really bad molting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animaluver

Reaction score
I have a mini lop rabbit and two other dwarf hotots. My buck mini lop has been getting these random bald spots all over his body (some dont go completely bald) first one was on his stumach, then chest, now shoulder and back. He has had this for about six maybe seven months but of it were fur mites, my other two rabbits would have them but they don't because they are in cages next to each other. What is weird is that I have even seen white little things in his fur which might be mites but my other rabbits don't have any bald spots. So what could this be? ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379203640.404224.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379203701.420764.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379203793.822399.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

That's just molting! He's just getting rid of that old, brown fur.

In the pics, I didn't see any bald spots, just heavy molting - one of my rabbits (my avatar) does that, too.

No need to worry! Hope I helped!

Thank you Zaiya. But is there any reasons why I keep on seeing his flaking skin and the little white things in his fur? And he also had got a fully bald spot on his stumach, but it grew back, could that still be bad molting too? Thank you very much for your answers :)

That's what I thought Tonyshuman. But do you know why my other rabbits aren't getting it, because he has had it for at least six months and all of my rabbits are next to each other?

Latest posts

Back