Mites, Fleas, and/or Ticks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Snow

Reaction score
Last week i saw a bug on Rue's ear. i thought itwas a fluff, but when i tried to pull it off it moved. after a longwhile searching, i could not find it. i checked her ears and bum-nobugs. i have been searching her fur daily, 2 bathesand stillno bug.

Looking through some old threads i found this pic

attachment.php
and it kinda looked like the reddish bigger one.

Then last night checking Sully's broken nail i saw a black fluff on hisear, again it moved and i couldn't find it. Checked his ears and theylooked all clean.

I plan on taking one bun to the vet next Friday (payday and it can't be sooner) to get to the bottom of this.

All three have clean ears and bums

-no excessive scratching-no dry skin-no loss of fur-good appetites and drinking lots of water-and none have been outside.

i can only think that Sully brought whatever they are from the Humane Society.

So i'm wondering if i take one bunny to the vet can i be sure they'd find the bug/s? and could i then treat all three at home?

Thanks to anyone who could help,

Nicole

I'm not familiar with fleas and things. Goodchoice with taking them to the vets on Friday. You can usually get aflea comb thing used for dogs (pretty sure) and brush the rabbtis andit probably will get rid of it. Just look at for the symptoms you saidand you should be fine until Friday :).

Latest posts

Back