missing patch(s) of fur ... ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lokin4AReason

R.I.P Little man ....
Reaction score
I was up and around spending time w/ my little(s) and I noticed on one of them ( on borderline ) that he was missing some patch(s) of fur on his belly section ... mostly white ( natural colour ) and some pink ...

I ll see if I can get a picture of the area I am talking about, but it ll get a little interesting because he is squirmier

is this a concern ( anyone had something like this before ) or should have the vet look at this ... ?

Is it short/cropped or is there just fur missing? Is he molting? Is there another bun that might be chewing on him? Is the skin flaky, inflamed, or irritated at all?

It could be a rabbit overgrooming him. Or they could be fighting and pulling each others fur out but from there its a bit hard to pull fur from there so he could be shedding a lot in that area and his new fur might not be growing back. Has he been shedding a lot recently? This is rare but it could also be hormone imbalance. The good thing is that it doesn't look inflammed so that's good.

hes a shedding machine .... I ll take a photo of him at when I get at the house ( hope that I wont forget )

dun dun dun and I present you w/ borderline charlie. he is a hand but lovable at when he wants to be =0)

Aw, he's gorgeous :) I love the shedding lines!

I agree with others that his bald patches could be because of the shedding or from another bun.

Hope it gets solved soon, he's a real cutie :D

his pair is under another thread ( the bunny look =0/ ) ... she would just groom him on his head, ears, and his back

have never seen her groom him on his tummy ( unless they are doing something that I don't know at when I am at work, speaking of )

Latest posts

Back