Mirror

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never heard of using a mirror but can definitely say that if at all possible, getting a second bunny would be the best choice.

I know it’s not always an option but rabbits are extremely social animals and really need companions. Not sure how a mirror is gonna groom your bunny If ya know what I mean 😉

We have a huge mirror in the room our bunny goes around and he's never paid any attention to it. He's more interested in following the cat around or greeting customers who come into our showroom.

We have a huge mirror in the room our bunny goes around and he's never paid any attention to it. He's more interested in following the cat around or greeting customers who come into our showroom.
Sorry. I'm reading this and imagining the rabbit being a chatter box as he follows the cat and the cat has this tired grumpy look but listens. 🤣

Sorry. I'm reading this and imagining the rabbit being a chatter box as he follows the cat and the cat has this tired grumpy look but listens. 🤣
That’s actually pretty accurate. He’ll keep darting in front of her to try to get her to play chase and if she doesn’t want to deal with it, she’ll jump the barrier to leave the room.😁

My last girl was an only bun for the first 3 years of her life, then i decided maybe it would be best to get her a partner because only another bun could fully understand her being one themself.

I decided on a trooper, a bin with a story. A bun who needed a good forever home and one my girl would accept.

When i gave in to getting her little fella, it was tye best thing ever.

When she passed, her widow and their feline were so heartbroken as was i, but after a year i decided my fella needed a new wife because he needed that understanding partner.
My new little girl is a great blessing to my noys and all us well with my furfamily again.

My sister only ever has one bun at a time and swears by giving the bun a stuffy the same size as they are but has never mentioned using a mirror.

I have never heard of a mirror fooling a rabbit…and I echo what’s been said, in that if you have the space and resources for another rabbit you should get another one. However, if you truly can’t just be sure to be as social with your own rabbit as much as possible. Rabbits love being around us.

I've had singles and pairs. My own opinion is that some rabbits seem to do just fine as single buns provided they are kept indoors and in an area of the home where people are.

I've also had a rabbit that really needed a bondmate. When her partner passed, we tried to see how she'd do remaining single but she acted out. Ironically, she was the one that was very choosey about which rabbit she would accept for a bondmate. 🙄

Some single buns appreciate having a stuffed rabbit to groom. Some of my past rabbits ignored a stuffed animal, but I know of others whose rabbits seemed to 'love' their stuffed toy.

Latest posts

Back