Mini water fountain okay for bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate_13

Reaction score
New Rabbit Mommy here! So I got little Scout and we have been doing fine with most things....except she’s kinda a picky eater\drinker. We got the hay thing under control now so onto the water. I live in AZ and while she’s a fully free roaming indoor bunny I can’t help but feel scared that she doesn’t seem to be drinking much water. I’ve tried filtered and bottled and iced just to see if it makes a difference, no luck. she drinks water and doesn’t act dehydrated but I know she should be drinking more. I even got a small hamster water bottle to see if she would take that no luck UNTIL i noticed that when the water drops into her bowl she comes towards it and drinks a good amount. Flash forward I have a mini water fountain in my room for relaxation and it makes a trickling sound of water she LOVES and drinks plenty of water from it.....but then i began to wonder if it was even safe. Pulled and put away for now, what do you guys think? safe? not safe? anyone have tips for her to drink more water?

If the water drips out of the bottle into a bowl, and she likes drinking out of the fountain, it sounds like she would prefer a water crock. Make sure you get one that can't tip over easily though.:)

I have tried many different types of bowls lately, and my favorite is definitely a cat gravity water dispenser (I don't know the exact name)

Alyssa and Bugs♡ said:
I have tried many different types of bowls lately, and my favorite is definitely a cat gravity water dispenser (I don't know the exact name)

This is what I use as well. It's 1/2 gallon, so it can't get tipped over, and I don't have to worry about it running dry or empty. I just dump and refill the bowel part during the week if it looks dirty or collects hair, and clean/wash the entire thing weekly.

I'd like to try a water fountain, but I'm concerned with the cord aspect. (And they look expensive.)

Latest posts

Back