Mini Rex?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded

Task Force
Reaction score
Meet Abby, I just got her today she came with her friend who is dwarf.
I got her of an old lady, who originally brought her of a breeder.
The breeder said shes an English Spot X Havana but little does she know that there are NO Havanas in New Zealand! and theirs only a few English Spots over here and they are all recorded and she does not own one or never has.

So im trying to find out the what breed Abby actually is. My guess shes a Mini Rex or a Mini Rex X. She has no pedigree.

12540_230437_080000000.jpg

12540_230450_430000000.jpg

12540_230450_430000001.jpg

And any idea on what color she is?

Her color is broken chestnut agouti.
Good guess on the breed. She doesn't really look like a mini rex, but that doesn't rule it out. She is definitely not a purebred mini rex, you can see how her fur is not like a mini rex at all.

How big is she?

I only guessed Mini Rex because of the type and the ears.
Shes about 2kgs but I will weigh her tomorrow.
Shes the same size as a fully grown mini lop buck.

Her body structure almost resembles a mini rex, but her feet, face, and ears that are usually the clues to it being a mini rex dont look like mini rex.

She reminds me of a dwarf, I would say ND X Mini Rex.

her original breeder has my old rabbit Kovu, so she probably does have some dwarf in her, Kovu is the dad to Patch (the rabbit that came with Abby)

it looks just like a broken chestnut which is not a variety of mini rex but people do cross alot of breeds to get a color that they whant to get reconised for a variety but it does look like a mini rex in every way but the color and the way the hair looks on the pic.......Toby

Broken chestnut is a mini rex color. It's just called castor in mini rex. The genotype for both those color names would be A_B_C_D_E_W_ and for this particular rabbit add in Enen.

you are right but the castor is chestnut baised and it tiped with black and I was meaning the chestnut like the netherland dwarf not castor....... sorry

I saw a litter of pedigreed castor and mostly white broken castor with all the brokens having the same color as that while the solid ones were the more usual castor color. Not sure exactly what causes the difference but apparently it is possible even in purebred mini rex.

akane wrote:
I saw a litter of pedigreed castor and mostly white broken castor with all the brokens having the same color as that while the solid ones were the more usual castor color. Not sure exactly what causes the difference but apparently it is possible even in purebred mini rex.
Anything is possible anything expecialy in mini rex before this time raising them I raised them for about 10 years and anything is possible with them......Toby

I know what she is now, shes a Broken Caster Mini Rex X Netherland Dwarf.
Her mum is a Mini Rex in Havana coloring.
Dad is a broken Blue Netherland Dwarf.

The breeder needs to do more research.
I brought her for show jumping.

Latest posts

Back