Mini Rex Size

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound silly but I wouldlike to kind of determine if Lucy is really the age that I was told sheis. I was told last weekend that she was 8 weeks old, this isour first bun so I believed what I was told. Now Ihave looked at some pictures of other mini rex's and I'mnot so sure.

Is there any way to tell me what size a 8 week old should be?Compared to three cans of soup lined up in a row or a roll of papertowel, something like that so that I can compare. Iguess a tape measure from the tip of the nose to the tail would workjust as well. Also a weight would be good.

Can you recommend a good place to get accurate information about the mini rex breed?

Thanks,

Joy

Could you post some pictures? Some of the breeders will probably be able to tell you an approximate age that way.

She could also be a standard rex, which are much bigger than minirexes. Mini rexes are normally about 3-4.5lbs and standardrexes are about 7-9lbs, big difference.

--Dawn

I just weighed her, she weighs 1.6 pounds. Is that normal for an eight week old?

aurora369 wrote:
Could you post some pictures? Some of the breederswill probably be able to tell you an approximate age that way.

She could also be a standard rex, which are much bigger than minirexes. Mini rexes are normally about 3-4.5lbs and standardrexes are about 7-9lbs, big difference.

--Dawn

Ihave tried to post pics but it keeps saying they are to bigso I need to figure out how to make them smaller.

Iwill work on it!

Okay this is going to sound very stupid but Ihave the pictures uploaded on Photobucket, now what? How do Iget them here?

I will give it a shot!
DSC01026.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01026.jpg

Assuming this worked the pictures are of Lucy, our 3wk old Cavy next toa Fisher Price Play Garage. The garage might let youdetermine her size. I didn't take these pictures thinking Iwas going to send them for this but they might work.

Joy

Okay well that is really BIG, how did thathappen? I sized them for a message board, Ithought. Not quite sure how two of one picture got hereither. Oh well, not bad for a first try I guess. :)

It worked well! I edited your post just to shuffle the pictures one under the other for you, hope that is ok :D.

Oh your girl is beautiful! I'm not good with rexes but she does look like she has longer fur than a rex?

Like I said, I am very new to this so anybodywho has experience with Mini Rexes please fill me in. Doe shenot look like one? We actually bought her from a TractorSupply store. There were two different big rubbermaid typecontainers will buns in them, we were told that they came from twodifferent breeders and the tub that we took Lucy from had papers if wewanted them but of course that cost extra and it didn't matter to usanyway so we didn't get them.We love herknowmatter what she is!

She does look like a rex, she has the same bodytype and fur however it does look quite long. That could just be babyfur though or she may be a mini rex cross. Whatever she is she sure isa cutie!;):hearts

Her fur does look long, butI rememberwhen Pebble and Ebony were babies I was reading up about baby rex furin the hope that they might get some rexy fur (they didn't:() but Iremember something about them having a longer coat before they gettheir proper rex fur? Or maybe theres a little bit of another breed inher?

Anyway, she's cute!!:D

I got Angel at3 years old.Her fur is the same it is now, except for shedding. It's notlong at all. Regular Rex's, I'm so not sure. Couldbe longer as they are bigger.:)

well when i got Benji he was about 8 weeks old(so i was told)but his fur wasnt as long it was and still is quite short.

heres an example

06012007003.jpg

05012007005.jpg

he wasnt big atall when i 1st got him..he still is small!

i dont know i hope this helps in some way.

kim

Do you by chance know how much heweighs? Lucy weighed 1.6 pounds yesterday, do you think thatis normal for a now 9 week old?

If they said she had papers wouldn't she have to be aprebred? Mixed breeds don't have papersright? When I bought her they had two differentbreeds in together, I can't remember what the one was called but I doremember her saying that they would get BIG, and Lucy would not becauseshe is a mini. The others were solid greyish blackand Lucy and the rest of her litter were spotted like she is, that ishow they told the litters apart. Not to mention size, theothers were already alot bigger than Lucy is.

I wish somebody had a litter about the same age so that I could comparesizes right now. Not that it matters really but I would liketo be prepared if we are actually going to have a big bunny and not amini. Accomodations will have to change!

Thanks for your help,

Joy

Latest posts

Back