MINI-REX Maddness -(Now Closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbit102807012.jpg

Here's my sweet Gixxer boy!

trailsend does noel only have one eye? I love her name by the way! Noel ids one of my favorite names!

Omg! basil is too cute! What colour is he? Is he a uh i can't even think of it. darn.

Ooh i remember, is he a castor?

There are 5 mini rexes in the preschool classrooms at the school I teach at...I hate the fact that they are there and I'm trying to liberate them!

But the reason I mention that is that for some reason, I just don't like the breed. I don't know why. I still play with them and take care of all of them for all the teachers and make sure they have the best possible comfortable environment in a cage with screaming children...but they are all very mean. I guess I can't blame them if we are just a product of our environment...but their just all so mean and their personalities are just BLAH.

But I sure do love their fur and their ears. So I'm totally interested in this thread :)

Tracy

Awww.... I feel bad for them. I can't say that Mini Rex in general are mean or have Blahh personalities. (Did they all come from the same breeder/place?) But sitting in a cage all day with a classroom of noisy little kids might drive any of us nuts.

I have a few that wouldn't be able to handle that situation. And I have a few that would thrive with all the action and excitement. Again, it comes down to individual personalities. We can make generalities about rabbits, certain breeds, traitsand personalities, but they are all individuals with their own idiosycrosies. (A lot like people!)

Funny you should mention that. They DID all come from the same breeder who is a complete sick jerk. No worries, a couple of other bunny saviors and I are taking care of business here. We're getting the sheriff's department and human society involved. This guy is telling people they can't let the rabbits out of their wire cages (they all have sore hocks SEVERELY) because they all have bacteria on them that they will track around the room. Also, no vegetables or fruits are ever allowed to be given to any rabbits.

No worries. This guy is going down.

Tracy

Mini rex blah??? Wow, I would never have suspected that comment!

They are content a lot of the time - love to be petted and all that and love to play - when they want and in the order they choose. NOT when you want LOL!

I find that Bo does keep "bunny hours" and loves to play early and late. During the middle of the day he will sleep and gets a bit grumpy if you bother him.

Tracy I hope you get those buns liberated. Bluegiants is right on when she says they probably are acting like that because they are locked up all the time - I know all my Mini Rex will go into a depression if left inside their houses for even one day. They thrive on playing and interaction with us and the other animals. They have such individual personalities and are so much fun. None of our guys are blah - they all get super excited to play with us, love exploring, and are just so sweet. I am amazed at their personalities, they are so unique. But they live to play and cuddle, I can't imagine they doing well always being caged with not a lot of attention.

Good luck helping these guys Tracy - and getting rid of that bad breeder.

Funny you should mention that. They DID all come from the same breeder who is a complete sick jerk. No worries, a couple of other bunny saviors and I are taking care of business here. We're getting the sheriff's department and human society involved. This guy is telling people they can't let the rabbits out of their wire cages (they all have sore hocks SEVERELY) because they all have bacteria on them that they will track around the room. Also, no vegetables or fruits are ever allowed to be given to any rabbits.
OMG! The poor things. I would be mean and grumpy if I was treated like that! I hope your efforts are successful.

My mini-rex came from a house with 4 very young, noisy and not well supervised children and no regular diet or hay. He was quite defensive for the first several months I had him andthere were times I thought he wasmean. However, I've had him now since September 30th and after neutering in October and a couple months to settle down, he has become an absolute sweetheart and snugglebunny. Maybe under better circumstances, their true personalities would come out. Poor things. I hope you can help all of them.

My house must be bacteria ridden then cause Bo has his little feets all over it at one point or another!

What a jerk! I hate people who are mean to bunnies....... but people who are mean and treat others to be mean to bunnies........ and mini-rex?!

:X

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Mini rex blah??? Wow, I would never have suspected that comment!
I have to agree - aside from Scone, I've met many mini-rexes and they've all been bundles of personality wrapped in soft fur. It was Scone's personality which drew me to him in the first place. He's so much his own person - you're never in doubt as to what his opinion is.

If you locked me up with a room of pre-schoolers I'd be mean, too, if not a total gibbering wreck.

No kidding!!

and the mini-rex.... you describe them so well. Bo has an opinion about most things and it's not hard to tell what it is!

You guys, today I took home a bunny and I am taking him to the vet tomorrow at my own expense. I'm so nauseated with the whole situation. We (me and my two bunny liberator friends) have been working on this for about a month now. We have only managed to get one out so far.

We are trying to get the media involved to expose this creep. Supposedly he has hundreds of rabbits cooped up in his backyard because he shows them. This small batch of rabbits at the JCC are there because he was going to kill them since they aren't perfect enough to show. THEIR EARS AREN'T EVEN ENOUGH.

Why are there so many people that need to be eradicated from the gene pool?

T.

Latest posts

Back