Mini Rex Litter Critique

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la~la~land

Reaction score
Hey, these are Primrose's babies and I'm going to put up an ad for them soon (I won't be keeping any from this litter) so I was wondering what yall's thoughts were on them :) They're six weeks old and the only thing I'm certain of is that they are alittle long in ear for my taste. (They were leaning and pulling the entire time I was posing them :rollseyes )

Broken Blue Buck

2jez3nl.jpg

jp9e6q.jpg

34dmkv6.jpg

2d1o5ll.jpg

6o0meo.jpg

Broken Blue Otter Doe

2yxevyq.jpg

2wrgdns.jpg

1z3yzra.jpg

r765uu.jpg

Broken Blue Otter Buck (Hes so tiny!)

rbl8vt.jpg

awf98i.jpg

2d0kzn6.jpg

ekjcsn.jpg

2iqd11c.jpg

Black Charlie Doe

2rz7thl.jpg

2yv2v45.jpg

1ju9nr.jpg

21eqq8i.jpg

xd7ztc.jpg

Very cute, but looking at them from a show-breeders perspective, they're mediocre. I think the broken blue otter doe has the best promise. It looks like she might be a tiny bit pinched in the loin looking from behind. The broken blue buck is also nice, being just a little weak in the shoulders (you can already see a dip in his topline just behind their shoulder blades). The charlie doe has the same problem, and is also a little thin in the loin, although she has very nice rise, otherwise. The blue otter buck is nicely rounded from the top view, although his loins look a little thin (but much better than the does). He would pair well with a solid doe that has nice, short ears, even though I don't think he can show himself because of his lack of nose spotting.

Looks like you did pretty well getting them all posed for their age! I know how difficult those young'ns can be. :D It's possible the loin issues might show fuller if they can get their back toes under the point of their knees rather than their ribs--time will tell.

Lovely bunch!

Thanks, thats just the kind of answer I was looking for :) I do agree that they are definitely a step down from my last litter from a different doe who seems to pair much better with my buck. Its all trial and error I guess, haha. After they're weaned I'll also be selling their mother as I kept both does from the other litter which I'm very excited about and have gotten very good comments from the judge (especially for being only 10 weeks old).

They all look slightly long in the shoulders and a little too weak in the hindquarters "for my taste."
Ear is just about the last thing you should really worry about on a mini rex, especially at six weeks old. At this stage their bodies are very disproportionate, especially the ears. As long as they don't go over the maximum ear length, it's not a big issue at this age. The older they get, the more you will see their true potential.

Latest posts

Back