Mini rex colour help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv-bunniz

Reaction score
Just a quickie, is there an actual mini rex colour 'beige' ? If so, does anybody have any pics? We've never heard of this before, let alone seen one. Neither have any breeder/showing friends.

Only ever seen a creme...that as close to beige as it gets that I've seen. lol That pic above that Pam posted is pretty spiffy...I want one. XD

The beige rex in the US is actually a chocolate chin. (Which appears to match the old color descriptions in the Standard for beige).

Beige in the UKis blue tort (isabella).

Cream is an agouti variety (smutty blue fawn).

pintoluver112104 wrote:
"Beige" mini rex's are not an accepted color and neither are chocolate chin's. I breed, raise, and show mini rex's so I've done a ton of research on them.
"Beige" (choc. chin) isn't an accepted variety, but it was one of the original varieties presented for the Mini Rex. It was a presented variety in 2009for Rex(failed).

pintoluver112104 wrote:
Yeah, somehow my chinchilla mini rex got beat by a chocolate chin at an ARBA show about 4 years ago. I never quite understood it.

The judge most likely gave benefit of the doubt on color (judging rules state that the judge should give the rabbit the benefit of the doubt), and faulted for chin color "brownish" in appearance (a fault for chinsin the SOP), then placed the class according to type (which is of more consideration than color).

The Mini Rex standard is not as strict on the chin color as some other breeds whichDQ for brownish color on chins. If Beige (choc chin) were accepted in the Mini Rex, the standards committee would probably be more strict and DQ for choc chins shown in the chin class.

The current wording leaves for a wide berth on color variations because chins that are too light, too dark, or "brownish" are only faulted.

Latest posts

Back