mini lops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holland

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you know that our mainbreedis theholland lop,but we purchased atrio of mini'sback in the springfor our nephew, whono longer shows, so we have decided to keep them, and one of mydaughters has decided to show them instead of hl's.

So are there any major differences as far as breeding goes?I've been reading everything I can find about them on line, and we willbe joining the MLRCA very soon.

Any information would be appreciated!

Yes,I used to raise minilops and hollandlops.the minis are easier to breed better mothers and have largerlitters.6 to 8 is common.I never had a minilop litter freeze no matterwhat the weather.there is no comparison.I raised both breeds forseveral years.I think people that raise Holland lops have more patiencethan I.I often reccomend minilops to beginners.bluebird

Thanks bluebird. I'm really excited toget my first litters from them this fall and winter. We'vegot several shows to go to and they've always done reallywell. I'm glad that they make such good mothers, and I'mreally hoping that we have better luck with mini babies than we've hadwith hollands.

We love our hollands, and won't be getting rid of them, but getting the babies to make it past 3 months has been hard.

Latest posts

Back